Originally Posted by wyoming260
Judging from what I have witnessed in the antelope prairie around here Jordan makes an excellent point. Watching the one week a year guys come to this area and pound away at antelope,is disheartenening. If they own rangefinders they ain't using them and the amount of shots on moving game at distances they are shooting from the stand or one elbow over the hood are ridiculous. Antelope seem to attract poor shooting skills because of the wide open spaces, the wind and their coloration makes them appear bigger(closer) then they are. What are the thought processes of people trying to shoot antelope at 500-600 yds in a 25mph switchy breeze that are running say 45 mph........they are thinking heck I got these tags ,I paid good money, I am gonna at least let them antelope know I am here???????

Yep, been there done that many moons ago...didn't shoot at running game or wound anything but after taking three shots on my first antelope hunt and hitting nothing I paced off the distance to an approximate land mark where the antelope were. I stopped after 500 and still hadn't gotten to the spot. Wizened up, regrouped and set up on a ridge above some does at 180yrds and made the kill from prone.
One needs to do their homework.

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton