AK's rule in situations where dumping alot of ammo is... desireable?However undisciplined fire is not a good thing.Witness the 3 rnd burst on the M-16A2...The trigger on an SKS may be more complex than an AR or AK but it can be easily dismounted and disassembled in the field for repair.Not so easy with the AR or AK.Most SKS triggers suffer from poor assembly techniques which can be easily corrected.On a sillier note , to most folks the SKS is less threatening in appearance than the AK or AR and there are times when that can be an advantage.I have long felt that aimed disciplined fire is superior to putting alot of lead in the air with few hits to show for it.As for countries dropping the SKS in favor of the AK, I'll bet its because thats what the PRC or Mother Russia decided to send them.I've talked to a few 'Nam vets ( God bless you all and thank you for your service), who related that in ambushes you knew you were in for it when through the hammering of the AK's and RPK's you could hear the POP POP POP of someone covering a reload with an SKS.BTW my second choice would be an early production No4 Mk1 or 2 with the milled rear sight.