Home
Posted By: 47stalker Forbes 24's are here! - 02/25/12
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3bkPJmq3co&feature=youtube_gdata_player

WOW......Now that rifle gives me a chubby..... LOL grin
Posted By: 47stalker Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 02/25/12
Dig the barrel choice!

These rifles will set the UL rifle world on fire at $1400 clams$$......But Mel did pioneer ultra light rifles, so it's fitting he gets the chance to put it to Kimber & Weatherby......
I can see the Forbes factory going 24/7 once word gets out.

Hotcake anyone wink
Posted By: cooperfan Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 02/25/12
I'm sold, but waiting for model 20. I will have one.
Posted By: raybass Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 02/25/12
I'll be selling my weatherby soon to get one of these. whistle
Posted By: Brad Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 02/25/12
They come with a no.1 or no.2 contour?
24" barrel on it, but the website does not say that I've seen. I've assumed a #2.
I just emailed them... only way the Forbes would appeal to me over the Kimber 84L MT is if it comes with a no.2...
Posted By: shortside Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 02/25/12
the rifle looks great, snd I hope they shoot well, as Petzal said, he has a ER Shaw gun that shoots like He11, as in not good.

Overall, I think this shows promise, but will wait for the early adopters to find out.

Also...

At the end.... the barrel is bending away fromthe stock? Really? Really? come on... some of what Petzal said was tongue-in-cheek, but this is rediculous.

Originally Posted by shortside
he has a ER Shaw gun that shoots like He11, as in not good.

If you follow what he said carefully, he meant they shoot well... which has been my experience with Shaw barrels.
Posted By: bigwhoop Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 02/25/12
Congrats to Melvin for adjusting to the "new economy". I'm sure he will be a busy man very soon. I think I can squeeze in one more .270.................
I'm thinking the same thing, I have another 06 on the way (pushfeed lightweight Winchester) and would love to have a 270 in the forbes rifle.
Posted By: UKdave Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 02/25/12

Will these be coming to Canada?
Posted By: tex_n_cal Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 02/25/12
Not much more expensive than a Montana, and I think I'd rather give my money to a small manufacturer
Posted By: Wrongside Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 02/25/12
Hopefully there will be southpaw offerings. Then I can stop dreaming of a Kimber Montana...:)
Posted By: GRF Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 02/25/12
UK Dave; if they do not come into Canada Prophet River Firearms in Lloydminster will import one for a small fee. They tend to carry a pretty good selection of quality product and I would not be surprised if they carry them.

I am sure a shop closer to your home would provide the same service. GRF
Posted By: Calvin Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 02/25/12
Looks like one hell of a rifle to me, for the money. I'd like to get my hands on that stock. If I lived in a place that was away from the saltwater, and didn't have 120" of rain, I'd get one.
Posted By: Savage_99 Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 02/25/12
Thanks for the report. Its good to see more lightweight rifles as competition makes all better.

From what is presented the Forbes rifles don't have features that I prefer in a hunting rifle such as a M70 type safety, CRF and SS availability.

For now the Kimbers shoot very well for me and have those features.
I think they started with the wrong action size.

What more do you get for the $2100 difference when going with the NULA?
I think one of these will be in my future.

ddj
Originally Posted by OldCenterChurch

A Douglas barrel.

ddj
Posted By: mathman Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 02/25/12
And Melvin's hands on every step of the action manufacture and barrel fitting/chambering.
Posted By: Savage_99 Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 02/25/12
Melvin24,

Who are you?
Posted By: Jamie Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 02/25/12
I like the rifle but I dont care for the chamberings offered. Right now the safe is pretty full so it would take something speacial to get a spot in there, that rifle could do it if it was chambered for a cartridge that I can get giddy over and replace my 7-08.
Posted By: CrimsonTide Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 02/25/12
He's old man 24's boy.
Posted By: bigwhoop Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 02/25/12
They should be able to sneak a few into Canada. California? Forget it!
Originally Posted by UKdave

Will these be coming to Canada?
Posted By: 338Federal Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 02/25/12
Mini M700? Couldn't see it all that well in the vid. 5.25# sounds nice.
Posted By: rj308 Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 02/25/12
If the barrel flexes that easy, I'll pass.
Posted By: RickF Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 02/25/12
Originally Posted by rj308

Seriously?
Posted By: battue Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 02/25/12
Originally Posted by trouthunterdj

A Douglas barrel.

ddj

Originally Posted by mathman
And Melvin's hands on every step of the action manufacture and barrel fitting/chambering.

Good question.

I've been in Mr. Forbes shop more than a few times. I can tell you if he had to make each rifle, the wait time would be forever plus. His phone rings at least four times an hour with people who want to talk or ask questions. He is pretty much chained to it. You call Nula you get Melvin on the other end. I've called at least 20times and not once has anyone other than him answered.

He has two men who do the majority of the barrel/action work. He oversees them and signs off on the final product, however he doesn't have his "hands on every step." I'm sure there are times he is on the machines, but again if he had to do so on every rifle the wait would be unacceptable.

So what do you get extra? Well on average, they had best be more accurate, built to a more consistent standard and more reliable or you don't get anything extra.

All that being said, and in spite of so many here who seem willing to part money for the yet unproven Forbes clone, I have two more on order from that little shop in W.V. A .223AI and an Inline ML.
Posted By: Kimber7man Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 02/25/12
I'm curious as to the bedding on the Forbes rifle. Wonder if it will be pillar or glass bedded. Know that NULA rifles are full length bedded.
Originally Posted by rj308

I think that little "barrel flexing" demonstration was pure BS... the stock flexed.
Posted By: battue Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 02/25/12
Brad,

I don't know what that was all about either. I don't have any rifle that one could get that much flex out of the barrel when it is scewed down. And with my Nula's if you can separate the barrel and stock more than a 1/8in you are one strong individual.
Seemed like Dave Petzal was pulling stuff out of his hat on the fly.

Posted By: bearstalker Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 02/25/12
These rifles just a glorified Remington?
Posted By: RDFinn Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 02/25/12
Nope
Originally Posted by bearstalker

Yup.
I'll be interested in handling one. I've been trying to talk the Shedhorn boys into carrying them and the NULA.

As with all else, time will tell.

Thinking for me, I've still have a thing for Mausers and M70's with nice pieces of African Walnut on them.

But, it'll still be fun to get a grip on one.

Dober
Posted By: mathman Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 02/25/12
I stand corrected. I thought Melvin was NULA and vice versa.
Posted By: Dave_in_WV Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 02/25/12
I don't know how much longer Forbes will be running NULA. It seems that's why he came out with the Forbes 24B. Mel's kids don't want the business and I guess he's getting to the point he wants to have more personal freedom.
Originally Posted by Brad
They come with a no.1 or no.2 contour?

No. 2

The 24" barrel depicts this as does the look of the rifle compared to my 24 with it's 2#.
Originally Posted by bigwhoop
Congrats to Melvin for adjusting to the "new economy". I'm sure he will be a busy man very soon. I think I can squeeze in one more .270.................

Sure is tempting, but smirk . My son can grab on if he wants.....
I think they started with the wrong action size.

The 20 will be coming soon. 7mm-08 would be sweeeeeeeet grin

Tigerstripes, ULA stamped on the action, Douglas barrel with polished crown & the fact he only makes a select number every year wink
Originally Posted by Savage_99
Melvin24,

Who are you?

Just a man with a passion for ultra lightweight rifles that exhibit balance. Nothing more nothing less.
My username is just a nickname for my NULA 24, as my old username was old & tired when considering what I own these days......
Plus, every man has a name for his PET/GO TO rifle. Mine is Melvin.... LOL wink
Originally Posted by Jamie
I like the rifle but I dont care for the chamberings offered. Right now the safe is pretty full so it would take something speacial to get a spot in there, that rifle could do it if it was chambered for a cartridge that I can get giddy over and replace my 7-08.

I'm hearing you brother. A Forbes24 in 7's would be special.....I would want a 24" tube though just to be difficult wink
Too bad it isn't stainless...
Originally Posted by Kimber7man
I'm curious as to the bedding on the Forbes rifle. Wonder if it will be pillar or glass bedded. Know that NULA rifles are full length bedded.

I heard the stocks are exact replicas, minus the tigers. Not sure about the recoil pad confused
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide
He's old man 24's boy.

LOL grin
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
Too bad it isn't stainless...

I went the SS way on my 24, & would again if I wanted another.
It would be nice to get this option.....Maybe as time rolls on we will confused . But I would like to see the CM action stay. Just soooooo much slicker than SS IMO....
I am hoping he will be at the NRA show. He was at the last one and I would like to compare the full price model next to the "express" model.

Dink

Yup.

Yes & No.

Compare the bolts, then try & field-clean a 700 compared to a NULA or Forbes.....

Sorry no glorification here lads grin

Posted By: RDFinn Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 02/25/12
Well in Brad's defense they are both push feeds.........lol
Posted By: KDK Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 02/25/12
Originally Posted by Melvin24
The 20 will be coming soon. 7mm-08 would be sweet.

Probably never happen, but I could see an M20/7-08 and an M24/.280 combo having a spot in my safe.
Originally Posted by Dave_in_WV
I don't know how much longer Forbes will be running NULA. It seems that's why he came out with the Forbes 24B. Mel's kids don't want the business and I guess he's getting to the point he wants to have more personal freedom.

Yes Sir. The NULA rifle IMO will slowly phase into the background, especially when the Forbes rifle takes off(NO Colt pen pushers behind this project).

He is getting older(as we all are) & I know I would want to take it easy, especially as to the amount of time & sweat he has given this rifle.......Which is certainly a master stroke on Mel's behalf.

I dig how these new rifles have his last name on it. And as time goes on it will certainly hold a place with hunters, generation after generation.......
My hat is off.
Melvin is a true gentleman in every respect of the word!
Originally Posted by battue

All that being said, and in spite of so many here who seem willing to part money for the yet unproven Forbes clone, I have two more on order from that little shop in W.V. A .223AI and an Inline ML.

Wise move. Grab em whilst you still can.
Posted By: R_H_Clark Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 02/25/12
Two questions.

Is there any accuracy-satisfaction guarantee?

What does it cost to get a good Cerakote job done?
Posted By: TopCat Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 02/25/12
Cerakote is in the $250 ballpark, but they could have stepped up and hit it out of same by nitriding the rifle for the cost of blue, or spend that extra $25 smacks on stainless in the first place.

ER Shaw is not a starter for me, but I do have an open mind and you know what they say about blind hogs.

Accuracy guarantees are the stuff dreams are made of.

TC
Posted By: JohnMoses Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 02/26/12
Not interested.
Posted By: 338Federal Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 02/26/12
Any chance receivers alone will be available?
Posted By: gene270 Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 02/26/12
to the question of Melvin retiring i dont think you will be seeing that anytime soon i talked to him with the same question and he assured me he is still having fun and has no intentions of quiting yet.
to the stock question that is the only thing Melvin has to do with these rifles and i am sure they will all be full length bedded with a front pillar

gene
Posted By: UKdave Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 02/26/12

Will a Nula be one of the few customs that actually increase in value and what will these "forbes 24" do to the 2nd hande value of a "true" Nula?
Posted By: battue Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 02/26/12
They may or may not go up, who knows. I'm thinking they will eventually appreciate. However, I wouldn't plan my retirement around a collection. If so in the long run they are something to enjoy and have some fun with.

Posted By: MK257 Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 02/26/12
Huh...and I was just starting to like my ultra Lightweight...grins
Posted By: Brad Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 02/26/12

Compare the bolts, then try & field-clean a 700 compared to a NULA or Forbes.....

You just described exactly what I mean... it's a glorified M700 (ie, an elevated M700)... just like a Kimber 84 is a "glorified" M70.

Not sure how that's hard to comprehend and is certainly not a put-down.
Posted By: Kimber7man Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 02/26/12
I'm still curious about the bedding...
Yeah, I'm curious too.

I've always considered FL bedding "cheating" to get accuracy and it's not how I want a rifle set-up.

Likely pole-vaulting mouse turds on my part, but there it is.
Posted By: horse1 Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 02/26/12
Seemed like Dave Petzal was pulling stuff out of his hat on the fly.

If I were involved in any aspect of selling some sort of outdoor product, I'd do my damnedest to keep it outta DP's hands. I hear/see him and all I can think is "Pompous Condescension".

Back to the topic @ hand, I'll be interested to handle a Forbes. It'll have to really be "something" for me to go that route vs. Kimber.
Posted By: Dave_in_WV Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 02/26/12
There's a video with Melvin Forbes talking about the Forbes rifles. IIRC he said NULA cutomers will still have customer service on existing NULA rifles if NULA shuts down. It seemed that's one reason he got involved with the Forbes rifle project.
I think that may be one of the big reasons. Mr. Forbes has a strong sense of responsibility for what he does and the rifle he makes.

Have often thought if Nula eventually closed and I was still kicking it would be wise to acquire some rifle specific parts.
Posted By: RDFinn Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 02/26/12

You just described exactly what I mean... it's a glorified M700 (ie, an elevated M700)... just like a Kimber 84 is a "glorified" M70....

Isn't everything Brad ?
Originally Posted by RDFinn

You just described exactly what I mean... it's a glorified M700 (ie, an elevated M700)... just like a Kimber 84 is a "glorified" M70....

Isn't everything Brad ?

Not really... A Wby MkV for instance.

The Kimber and NULA bear more of a resemblance to their parents than most.

Posted By: Ackleyfan Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 02/26/12
For less than half the price of a NULA there has to be some corner cutting somewhere, barrel cost is only around $80 retail, I'd be curious to know if the action is truly the same exact one or are there some differences, same with the stock, will have to wait and see but so far it's way ahead of the Montana mountain Ascent
Just a guess, but I'm thinking most of the cost reduction is through mass production and the lack of hand fitting which sounds like it is the case with the NULA rifles. Imagine what it would cost to hand assemble any American car made these days.
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 02/26/12
Aside from the barrel, the "cost cutting" comes from mass manufacturing of the action, rather than each being made in what's essentially a small machine shop.

It's been interesting reading this thread. It reminds me a lot of the threads on Berger VLD's, with a lot of speculation and assumptions from people who have obviously never even shot a NULA or ever talked to Melvin Forbes.

Isn't everything Brad ?

Not really... A Wby MkV for instance.

The Kimber and NULA bear more of a resemblance to their parents than most.

Might as well included a Ruger #1 too.
Posted By: Huntsville Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 02/26/12
Regarding barrel flexing..I agree with you. Poor choice of words by Petzal. Really, has anyone seen or flexed their barrel by hand, ever...in their lives? Yup, that's what I thought.
Imho, It's going to be mass produced clone of the Nula. Not much hand fitting, which accounts for $$$ on the rifles price tag. Mass produced receivers, stocks. He will still build his Nula with the grace of his hands, hand fitting, acute attention to detail through out the rifles assembly/making. Kimber better start to worry, once these rifles get out with a SS barrel! I think even a blued barrel Fobes rifle will take customers away pretty quick.
Posted By: Huntsville Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 02/26/12
Here is a good link that answers alot of question, bedding, how made, etc. One question, are E. R. Shaw barrels the same as Bulldog barrels?

http://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/forbes-rifle-model-24b-review-2/
Originally Posted by Huntsville
Here is a good link that answers alot of question, bedding, how made, etc. One question, are E. R. Shaw barrels the same as Bulldog barrels?

http://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/forbes-rifle-model-24b-review-2/

Thanks for that. It still doesn't clarify whether it's a no.1 or no.2 barrel, but it looks like a no.2.

If so, I'll likely be a 30-06 owner.

I especially like the Timney he uses which locks the bolt when in "safe."
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 02/26/12
Huntsville,

No, Bulldog barrels are NOT the same as E.R. Shaw barrels.
To be fair, lets put everything into perspective and consider some history to boot.

I have handled NULAs and spoken with Mr. Forbes on a couple of different occasions. His rifles are VERY nice and he can be quite cantankerous grin (As is my dad and 94 year old grandfather. Both of which I love and respect.). Mr. Forbes' "Colt adventure" had to have soured him on the whole idea of mass production! Thus the decade-ish time period between the Forbes Rifle and the hosing by Colt. I think Mr. Forbes has yet to recoup all of his investment in that endeavor! If I'm not mistaken, the man had to go to court to regain the rights to his intellectual property.

That said, The Forbes Rifle might very well be Melvin's swan song!! Maybe whomever/whoever has been contracted to make/assemble these actions/rifles will show his brainchild the respect it deserves and follow a proven recipe! Colt overthought and pimped a rifle that spent too much time in the beds of penny pinchers!

If the Forbes Rifle endeavor will stay true to Melvin's concept and roll out both the 20 and 24 actions, We just might see some real competition in the quest to make the best and affordable lightweight rifle. As Brad mentioned, it will be akin to the M70 vs M700 saga, but in the lightweight realm. It would be wise to reflect on the real and marketing attributes of the 70 v 700 "arms race"! smile

If Forbes can keep the costs similar, all the while looking for newer and more innovative ways to bring the Forbes Rifle on par with his fully custom rifles, he will have created a major player in the lightweight game!! I consider his NULA rifles to be the Model T of this genre and nothing would tickle me more than to see the Forbes Rifle come to the same or similar fruition!

I wish him well. I hope he doesn't let the Colt debacle make him too reluctant to go all-in again! I like his hand much better this time!

You just described exactly what I mean... it's a glorified M700 (ie, an elevated M700)... just like a Kimber 84 is a "glorified" M70.

Not sure how that's hard to comprehend and is certainly not a put-down.

The Kimber has about as much in common with the M700 as M70. The NULA has a few more points in common with the M700, but when comparing the NULA and M700 side by side, the M700 looks a little crude.
Posted By: WhelenAway Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 02/26/12
The Kimber has about as much in common with the M700 as M70.

The tubular receiver and separate recoil lug notwithstanding, the notable points of the Kimber action (three-position safety, full-length mauser-style extractor, standing ejector, and CRF operation) clearly favor the M70 by a good margin.
Originally Posted by spiwonka
Imho, It's going to be mass produced clone of the Nula. Not much hand fitting, which accounts for $$$ on the rifles price tag. Mass produced receivers, stocks. He will still build his Nula with the grace of his hands, hand fitting, acute attention to detail through out the rifles assembly/making. Kimber better start to worry, once these rifles get out with a SS barrel! I think even a blued barrel Fobes rifle will take customers away pretty quick.

If the Forbes rifle's accuracy is consistant from rifle to rifle, kimber had better watch out!
Posted By: 338Federal Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 02/26/12
What's the actual, off the rack price diff between Kimbers and Forbes?
Originally Posted by DesertMuleDeer
but when comparing the NULA and M700 side by side, the M700 looks a little crude.

Well, yeah... that's why it's glorified laugh
Originally Posted by 338Federal
What's the actual, off the rack price diff between Kimbers and Forbes?

Until the Forbes hits the shelf, no one will realy know.

Can say, I've bought most of my MT's for no more than $1050 new.
Posted By: 47stalker Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 02/26/12
When I contacted Mr Forbes he was sighting in rifles at his range, or in-between it.......
He was a gentleman in every aspect of the word, without once asking me to cool off with the 5 odd questions I had for him.
The second time we spoke was the same deal......always happy to share. I think he was taken back(chuffed) that this rifle was my dream rifle for a LONG TIME & I would hunt with it until I move on.......my go to......

I have dealt with enough gunsmiths to know. Mel is all class!
And sold$$$ a good many rifles at that to get 1. Best rifle ever & I have had my fare share......! wink

Posted By: RedCherokee Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 02/26/12
Petzal flexing a barrel?

Where are my waders!
Not sure what he was trying to prove with that stunt!

Do the Forbes 24B come with any kind of accuracy guarantee?
Posted By: bearstalker Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 02/26/12

By offering CM only, Forbes/NULA/whatever, lost at the gate. I don't think Kimber has anything to worry about other than trying to move faster to get rifles in their customers hands and filling all those back-orders....
Posted By: GreatWaputi Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 02/26/12
By offering CM only, Forbes/NULA/whatever, lost at the gate. I don't think Kimber has anything to worry about other than trying to move faster to get rifles in their customers hands and filling all those back-orders....

+1
Originally Posted by Ackleyfan

Do the Forbes 24B come with any kind of accuracy guarantee?

If I owned Forbes Rifles I would offer an accuracy guarantee only to folks who guarantied me they knew how to shoot.
Lot of guessing going on, so I'll throw a guess in also.

My guess is that the Colt adventure was a very profitable one for Mr. Forbes.

They bought him out and then he bought it back for less and kept on rolling.

Two ways to look at it.
It seems Kimber now have their [bleep] together from my last rifle(Montana 84L) I received, which is a damn sweet rifle for those $.
But the 2 Montana's I had before that(first production runs of 84M & 8400. 308Win & 338WM) where POS, although they shot good........Issues with feeding.....etc....).
So what we have is 10 odd years of ironing out 'bugs' for Kimber. And like I stated. All seems to be solved.

NULA/Forbes on the other hand has had allot more time to work through the bugs. And all rifles have some, some just more than others......
So the Forbes rifles have a head start with their pedigree in NULA to let the good times roll straight up......without too many issues.

It's going to be a tussle but there will be always men that want CRF with 3 position Model 70 safety on the shroud & others that lust PF with 2/3 position safeties near the tang........
It can only be a good thing for us & the future UL loonies out there wink
Posted By: GreatWaputi Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 02/26/12
Could care less about CRF and three position safeties, but CM is a deal killer.
Funny, I'm the reverse... I like CRF and 3-pos.

What I can't stand is the rain/freezing water collector that is the safety slot on M700's and its clones (NULA). Have seen a trigger freeze up from its easy access to the environment.

I could care less the Forbes rifle is CM. Truth of the matter is Kimber's stainless is some of the easiest rusting I've seen.

Take care of your stuff and it will take care of you.

Stainless is no panacea... it just buys you a little more time.

Posted By: Crow hunter Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 02/26/12
CM is a non starter for me also. I spent enough of my youth knocking rust off of CM guns with a bronze brush, a bit tired of it now. I know stainless will rust, but it doesn't rust nearly as easily and if it does I just take some fine grit sandpaper to it and knock it off. If it gets too ugly I just strip it down, take the parts to the local cylinder head shop and give the guy $5 to bead blast it. Yes, I've done that and it turned out looking great!
Posted By: Daveh Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 02/26/12
All BS aside---
Who are the dealers ? Are they actually shipping????
How in the world did we make it before stainless steel??
Posted By: RDFinn Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 02/27/12

Steel Wool and WD-40
Posted By: Dave_in_WV Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 02/27/12
Melvin Forbes told me stainless actions in his opinion are a gimick because they will still rust. Stainless barrels are better for longer life.
Don't shoot the messenger, I just repeating what he told me! wink
Posted By: battue Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 02/27/12

....and most still make it easily today. However as a few others have mentioned, for the price difference it wouldn't have hurt them all that much to just go ahead and use it from the start as a selling point if nothing else.

Since the comparisons have already begun, the question for me is what will most compare it with and what will be its competition? An original Nula or a Kimber?
Kimber seems to have their act together from the accuracy standpoint, and the clone had best be able to shoot alongside equally well. If it can't consistently hang with a Nula, it should get a pass. If it can't hang with the Kimber it will not, and with some of the groups some are throwing out with Kimbers of recent vintage, the clone best come out shooting.

The campfire verbal wars of the future should be some classics. grin

Posted By: 47stalker Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 02/27/12
Douglas stainless barrels are "generally more accurate than chromemoly" is what Melvin told me. I have found this but IMO it is neither here nor there as far as realistic hunting practices go.....Plus as stated. Stainless buys some time....

I luv the way stainless does not mar like blued CM. And like another stated. Get it beadblasted etc......if you want to neatin it up after a few seasons.

The stainless barrels work better for me as they seem to beat tree branches out of my stalk path better LOL wink
Posted By: Calvin Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 02/27/12
Melvin Forbes told me stainless actions in his opinion are a gimick because they will still rust. Stainless barrels are better for longer life.

Night and day difference between hunting a Stainless action and a CM action, when it comes to rust. My CM action 243ai drives me insane. I can't do enough maintenance on that thing to keep the rust off of it while hunting in Nov. Stainless on a Rem 700 is way more forgiving, obviously.

Steel Wool and WD-40

LOL

I use 'lanolin' where the eye cannot(not in the trigger though!) see. And even after the nastiest of rain, grit etc... I never ever pull my rifles out of its stock that season or the next.......Down the track I will do a quick inspection & a wipe of lanolin.
Posted By: Lawdwaz Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 02/27/12
Time for a little more of this........

Originally Posted by Mule Deer
It's been interesting reading this thread. It reminds me a lot of the threads on Berger VLD's, with a lot of speculation and assumptions from people who have obviously never even shot a NULA or ever talked to Melvin Forbes.

Posted By: gmsemel Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 02/27/12
Well its going to be interesting to see how this pans out, Knowing Mel Forbes, all the ducks are in a row this time. What it will do is force the others to turn out better put together and finished rifles. I think you are going to see some real interesting things in a few years if this takes off. Considering the Economic trouble the country is in and Mel is putting his money and reputation at risk, and yet there is still a good bit of bitching because he is not making a Model 20 version or the no good SOB is just making 270's and 30-06 at this time and not 9.3 B-S. Most men who are at his age and place in live look at retirement, Not Mel he makes one of the best rifle you could ever buy, how many to you see on the Use gun rack? Very very few. I will buy one in 270 just because.
Posted By: Boxer Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 02/27/12
There's no way to sugarcoat CM on a Hard Use Killing Rifle. While I can whistle corrosive primers through topflight tubes,I do not. Could also whistle BP through schit too,but do not. Could also fly glass that fogs and do not. Could also wear boots that leak,but do not. Could also drive a blade that didn't hold an edge,but do not...and the list goes on.

I never was into [bleep] around and am assuredly not about to start,by cutting a $1500 check for a Goat [bleep].

Much enjoy the Haybale & Crockett Treatise from the Do-Nothing Gang,in regards to Montucky rust. This schit is PRICELESS!

Wow.

Posted By: Daveh Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 02/27/12
When will you buy one????

A month? July??

When?
Posted By: Dave_in_WV Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 02/27/12
I have a stainless classic M70 & a stainless Ruger MKII. I find them more forgiving.

Two ways to look at it.
It seems Kimber now have their [bleep] together from my last rifle(Montana 84L) I received, which is a damn sweet rifle for those $.
But the 2 Montana's I had before that(first production runs of 84M & 8400. 308Win & 338WM) where POS, although they shot good........Issues with feeding.....etc....).
So what we have is 10 odd years of ironing out 'bugs' for Kimber. And like I stated. All seems to be solved.

NULA/Forbes on the other hand has had allot more time to work through the bugs. And all rifles have some, some just more than others......
So the Forbes rifles have a head start with their pedigree in NULA to let the good times roll straight up......without too many issues.

It's going to be a tussle but there will be always men that want CRF with 3 position Model 70 safety on the shroud & others that lust PF with 2/3 position safeties near the tang........
It can only be a good thing for us & the future UL loonies out there wink
just got rid of a 84l that kimber fixed, just took a new barrel and stock to get it shooting correct, yeah they got the bugs worked out of them! Rifles like that should never leave their shop. Im not a kimber hater, as i have a two that will never leave, couple that should of never left! Nice rifles when they perform like they should! As my fiancee pointed out to me, i am getting better groups with my .44 super redhawk-leupold deltapoint at 100 yards, then the kimber did before the trip back! She thought that was funny, i did not!
Posted By: Take_a_knee Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 02/27/12

Well, there's this schit called Tennifer, Ion-bond, Mellonite etc, the list goes on. Does he put it on his actions? I dunno, maybe he does and I'm clueless, but if he did, rust would not be an issue.
Posted By: Shag Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 02/27/12

Truth of the matter is Kimber's stainless is some of the easiest rusting I've seen.

IME brad is absolutely spot on with this statement. Both My SS/Model 70 and Rem 700 SS rifle's have show an ability to battle the elements better than my SS Kimbers.. The worst SS I've seen so far was the SS Howa 1500.. JME. It really dosen't rain much here though. We only get 75-80 inches of rain a year. So I guess thats really not much of a test. smile
Posted By: Nrut Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 02/27/12
If a stainless Forbes rifle sold for the same price as a Montana then I would be interested in looking at one..
Otherwise, why?

Hell even Squirrel Boy figured that one out..
Posted By: Boxer Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 02/27/12
Originally Posted by Shag

Truth of the matter is Kimber's stainless is some of the easiest rusting I've seen.

IME brad is absolutely spot on with this statement. Both My SS/Model 70 and Rem 700 SS rifle's have show an ability to battle the elements better than my SS Kimbers.. The worst SS I've seen so far was the SS Howa 1500.. JME. It really dosen't rain much here though. We only get 75-80 inches of rain a year. So I guess thats really not much of a test. smile

Must be nice to stay so dry. I don't get much over 180" a year and never don't not have a rifle thrown over a shoulder and that during every month of the year.

I'm more than a touch "comfy" with a saturated Montucky and for clarity,that'd be a gross understatement. Too bad rifles don't have hour meters on 'em,as it really would spruce up a conversation.(grin)
Posted By: Brad Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 02/27/12
Yeah, my stuff never gets wet...

[Linked Image]
Bone dry LOL

Nice lung shot
I guess in a perfect world the Blaser or Cerakote coatings on stainless would be best, but......stainless barrels will have to do me. Plus getting Cerakote requires smithwork......so I might as well sell my soul to the devil LOL wink
Good pic Brad.
Posted By: prm Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 02/27/12
I coated my Montana with Dyna-Gun Shield. Hoping between that, the stainless and some Eezox on the bolt it's reasonably immune to the environment.
Posted By: SU35 Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 02/28/12
I WON'T be selling my 84L Big Sky to buy a 24B

and neither my Ti's.

Mel Forbes will laughing all the way to the bank with 24B profits.

You could re-trigger a used Colt Light Rifle and come out ahead by 50 to 60% less money spent.

Posted By: gene270 Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 02/28/12
dont see how you would be ahead by re triggering a colt when you get a kevlar stock on the 24b rifle

gene
Then restock the CLR and still come out ahead. You'll also get a Douglas barrel instead of the Shaw.

Posted By: Mule Deer Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 02/28/12
The CLR's did not have Douglas barrels, and the barrels they did have weren't all that hot. They shot reasonably well because of all the other positives in the rifle's design.

In my experience the Shaw barrels of the past decade (since they retooled) are very comparable to Douglas.
Posted By: Brad Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 02/28/12
I've never had a Douglas, but I've had 3 Shaw barrels and they shot great.

** Chris Bozzi at Forbes Rifles replied to my email today about the Forbes Rifle barrel... "The barrel contour is *similar* to a #2, and will mic at 0.615"� at the muzzle."

Personally, that makes it a real winner to me... a rifle as light as a Kimber 84L but with a no.2 contour and arguably the best synthetic rifle stock made.

I could care less if it's chromoly, though I personally think they should put a SS barrel on. I'm still no fan of the M700 slotted safety, but it's not the end of the world either.
i think you would be money ahead with a forbes rifle compared to a colt after you made all the upgrades
colt rifle upgrades to include
new trigger
new barrel
new stock

gene
Thanks for clarifying that. It was my misunderstanding that they were.

btw, what barrel did the CLR's have?
Because many here at the Fire reported that their CLR's actually shot better than the ULA's they owned.
Brad,

I would rather re-stock the 84L with a McEdge.

You would have a better rifle all around.
Posted By: GreatWaputi Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 02/28/12
I can see no reason whatsoever to restock a Montana, YMMV.
I can see no reason whatsoever to restock a Montana, YMMV.

Your right, there is not! And I never would.

Posted By: prm Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 02/28/12
If something happened and I needed a new stock for my Montana I'd be calling Kimber, period. Great stock.
for you guys that like those kimber stocks and prefer them over nula rifles you can thank Melvin for helping them out with that also.

gene
Posted By: 47stalker Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 02/28/12
Montana stocks certainly are rugged precision made stocks.

The 84L Montana feels nicer inhand & on the shoulder than the 84M(M a bit too small for me) to me, but I still think the WSM Montana series is numero uno as far as stock dimensions go..... As that is a closer copy of Melvins 24, with it's thicker pistolgrip & forend. But nothing is perfect wink
Posted By: mathman Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 02/28/12
I believe Melvin has denied that.
Kimber should have 2 stocks for the M & L.........meaning a WSM size stock. But I guess that where Melvin 24's & Forbes 24B take charge.....
all i can say is i was in Melvins shop and there was a 84m rifle there and he stated that he was helping them out with a few things on it and this was before they were on the market.
I will say it was a wood stocked version and had heard Melvin had helped them with getting their stock program up and running.

gene
I would like to see a slight palmswell on the Montana's too......Mel's design here with it's more pronounced sweeping grip has no peers in synthetic stocks, for me.
Just comparing the 'castoff' on the 84L & NULA24. No wonder Mel's rifles tame recoil, as does the 84's. But according to the laws of stockbuilding I would say Mel has this one nailed with that cast smile

PS-But on that note. Everyone is different.........
Posted By: KDK Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 02/28/12
Originally Posted by prm
If something happened and I needed a new stock for my Montana I'd be calling Kimber, period. Great stock.

Yep. I'm amazed how little shove my .325 Montana has from the bench.
It was also my understanding that Mr. Forbes was a consultant in the construction of the Montana's stock.

Despite the preference for the ss Montana, is there anyone who thinks that the Forbes Rifle is a good value and/or viable concept?
Posted By: Take_a_knee Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 02/28/12
It was also my understanding that Mr. Forbes was a consultant in the construction of the Montana's stock.

Despite the preference for the ss Montana, is there anyone who thinks that the Forbes Rifle is a good value and/or viable concept?

SS barrel and a melonite or similar coating on the action and I'll bite. I ain't buying no more damn rifles for top dollar that I have to start mailing around the country to get schit it shoulda come with. Sorry.

I'll roll my own or do without.
Posted By: WhelenAway Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 02/28/12

Of course it is a good value, and viable concept.

With Stainless and what appears to be a $400 lower street price, I would buy the Kimber though.

What could swing me to lay my money down is a more interesting chambering. I'd definitely be interested in something like a 284 in a M20 Forbes, but that is far in the future (if at all).

Somewhere in the write-ups or links I saw something about a 7RM version. Not sure this is true (I would think it takes a M28(?) size receiver). But if it was true, I would be interested in that too.

_
Posted By: donsm70 Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 02/28/12
Originally Posted by gene270
i think you would be money ahead with a forbes rifle compared to a colt after you made all the upgrades
new trigger
new barrel
new stock

gene

I'm about to find out. In October, I sent Melvin a CLR in 270 and told him to send me back a 7x57 with new trigger, new barrel (Douglas), and new stock (his NULA stock).

I am surprised that he never mentioned the new Forbes Rifle, but I was, and am not, interested in either a 270 or 30-06.

I will post my thoughts, along with results, when I see, and test, the product.

donsm70

PS. The total cost for this project should end up being a little more than a Forbes Rifle. I paid $500 for the CLR and Melvin wanted $1125 for the conversion.

Yes, and I'm still wondering what the extra $400.00 is buying you over a $1,100 84L Montana?

Posted By: Daveh Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 02/28/12
Glad to hear the Forbes will have a Shaw barrel. I used a couple that shot very well!
Some comments after owning several NULA's and several more CLR's.---
- I'll be surprised if these actually weigh less than 5# 10-12 oz. My 270 Win NULA with a 24" barrel weighed exactly 5-12 with mounts. The CLR's with the upgraded stock weighed 6-2.
- I hope the Forbes isn't full length bedded. I'm 50-50 with that working on NULA's. Kimber isn't much better with there bedding...

From my experience a CLR only needs a stock, a trigger job that even I can do and Mel's replacement FP spring.

If the Forbes is about 5.5lbs and fully floated for $1400 they will sell.

Nobody has yet stated when they will be available????
I ain't buying no more damn rifles for top dollar that I have to start mailing around the country to get schit it shoulda come with. Sorry.

I agree completely.

I wish Remington, Winchester, and the rest would understand that people are willing to pay for quality (like a good synthetic stock, and a refined lightweight rifle design) and in this case, stainless steel.

I am really surprised that he did, but I think Mel missed the mark a little bit here.

Besides the obvious durability issues for severe climates, synthetic and blue is just Model-T Fugly.

If I bought one, I would factor in $250 to Cerrakote it in something other than black, and the result would still be less durable.

But at $1650 after Cerrakoting the Forbes, the Kimber Montana looks even better.

_
It will be $400 well spent from what I have read, but I can see why some men want CRF, Model 70 safety & stainless steel actions & barrels.

It's like everything thats new that comes out. You WILL NEVER please everyone!
So we have 4 truly lightweight options that come to mind. Weatherby, Kimber, Forbes or NULA. Flip a coin, they all have worth.....!
I can't see the Forbes 24 being floated at the recoil lug. It will be like the NULA IMO, & for very good reason..........but I will leave it there.
It will be $400 well spent from what I have read

Wow . . . you're easy . . . a marketeers dream customer grin
hehe wink yeah it's only a small price to pay when you think about it(what food cost, restuarants etc.... then we [bleep] it out lol ). Plus hunting & fishing are my only vises in life.....And when I'm 80+ I don't think I will be thinking about that $400.......That's a night on the beer with the boys & 3 cheap hookers afterwards LOL wink
Posted By: Boxer Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 02/28/12
Yeah, my stuff never gets wet...

[Linked Image]

Few things funnier than a Do-Nothing Flatlander,trying to talk "weather" or "trigger time". Feel free to regale me with the "perils" associated with Montana's "legendary" precipitation and the "rigors" associated. You know it's a "tough" show when there ain't no scope caps. Laffin'! Only Titty Tags could trump that dumbphucktitude.

Here's a single afternoon's jaunt,if only for extrapolation.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/BigStick/Stuff/Fish%20Stuff/Dec14SteelheadE.jpg[/img]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/BigStick/Stuff/Fish%20Stuff/Dec14SteelheadD.jpg[/img]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/BigStick/Stuff/Fish%20Stuff/Dec14SteelheadC.jpg[/img]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/BigStick/Stuff/Fish%20Stuff/Dec14SteelheadB.jpg[/img]

What next,you're going to go Jeff-O and building a [bleep] chart?

Bless your heart.
Posted By: Jeff_O Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 02/28/12
Boy, you really remember a little JBM spanking, don't you...........
Posted By: Jeff_O Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 02/28/12
Originally Posted by Calvin

Night and day difference between hunting a Stainless action and a CM action, when it comes to rust. My CM action 243ai drives me insane. I can't do enough maintenance on that thing to keep the rust off of it while hunting in Nov. Stainless on a Rem 700 is way more forgiving, obviously.

You have an XCR... right?

Now there's a good factory coating.
Posted By: Les7603006 Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 02/28/12
Originally Posted by gene270
new trigger
new barrel
new stock

gene

I actually talked to Mel on this very thing the other day.
For trigger, stock, and rebarrel to a 280 AI with a Douglas is $1250 and that is getting the stock hand fitted to your action. And having your action squared if needed.
So $1250 plus doner CLR
Posted By: AKduck Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 02/28/12
Cant see spending that much money and not getting SS
Some good looking eaters there! What did the biggest Trout go?
Posted By: Brad Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 02/28/12
Wow, looks like a real torture test.

Guess us flatlanders have a lot to learn.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Brad,you and Jeff-O should really make charts for a living. As an aside,what do you two sorry bastards do for a living? You still at Burger King?

I find it interesting that you couldn't concoct a chart to measure Montana "rainfall". Also always a pleasure to view your Rat Collection,yielded from "all" your "hardcore" pursuits. It's almost as [bleep] funny as listening to you pretend,that you have a [bleep] clue about rifles.

Always a stretch to pick my favorite Do-Nothing Moment betwixt you and Jeff-O. He's ascared of blue,cain't manipulate cardboard and will wax eloquently on goods he's never seen...let alone shot,then chart it! Very [bleep] funny,as a minimum! Then he'll start panhandling,to frost the cake.

You are simply a peach,from start to [bleep] finish. I much enjoy that you believe your dumbphucktitude and it's impossible to accurately quantify the incredible depths of that humor,if only because you don't do it on purpose.

Reality is,the only thing you two dumbphucks shoot is your mouths and you'd have to bolt several of your Rats together to even begin to crowd THE Book. In overview,it is the consumate comedic script and that you [bleep] are oblivious,only sweetens the pot. Bless your hearts.

Hardly "surprising" that a 13yr old girl toting a Montucky 7 Whizzum,whacks schit that crushes your combined "efforts".

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Also very entertaining,that you two [bleep] can't even knock the new off a rifle and I'd dearly love to hear your break-in procedure. I know,I know...you set 'em in the house and talk about all the shooting you are gonna do. Too [bleep] funny!

Pardon my being more hands on.

The Usual

Cheer up,it was a 162 whistled through The Booner Bear's shoulder...feel free to chart it.

Laffin'!

This schit always cracks me the [bleep] up,if only because you two dumb [bleep] couldn't poor piss out of a boot.

Much enjoy that the 10yr old has far more Montucky trigger time than both of you [bleep] bolted together and I'd really like to see that chart also.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/BigStick/Stuff/Fish%20Stuff/20110423-DAD_3727.jpg[/img]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/BigStick/Stuff/Fish%20Stuff/20110422-DAD_3663.jpg[/img]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/BigStick/Stuff/Fish%20Stuff/20110423-DAD_3733.jpg[/img]

Eagerly anticipating the next installment of your Imagination(s).

Bless your hearts.
I envy them both in regards to where they live and the things they're afforded to do. Be happy brother and don't let us make you so contrary. Try not to push the envelope so far! If you get tossed, those of us who aspire to learn more pay the price too!

I'm not being condescending at all when I say this as I am NO saint! But, I want you to know that I pray for you often and am so sorry that you have experienced profound loss!!

Teach us, brother. Don't berate us.

Clay
Posted By: AKduck Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 02/29/12
Thought this thread was about the new Forbes 24 rifles?
Posted By: 47stalker Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 02/29/12
It is, we just need to read in-between posts now wink
Posted By: jmp300wsm Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 02/29/12
Yep here we go again with the "mine is bigger than yours game" It seems whoever can type the most insults in a post is the bigger stud. I along with many others here would cordially like to say SHUT THE $ELL UP IF YOU HAVE NOTHING CONSTRUCTIVE TO ADD TO A CONVERSATION BECAUSE WE ARE SICK OF THE PISSING CONTESTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!OUT
Posted By: 47stalker Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 02/29/12
Amen
Posted By: Brad Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 02/29/12
There's exactly one person on this thread having a pissing match (per usual)... HINT, it's not me.
Posted By: Steve_NO Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 02/29/12
I don't think I will be thinking about that $400.......That's a night on the beer with the boys & 3 cheap hookers afterwards LOL wink

dang, Mel, the price of hookers sure varies by region wink

from what I'm told, around these parts, for $400 you and the boys would have to share one, and all be done in half an hour. strictly hearsay, of course.

I'll be calling you (again) soon about turning my 7 mag CLR into an upgraded .257 WBY. Congrats on the new line.
Posted By: Boxer Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 02/29/12
Originally Posted by jmp300wsm
Yep here we go again with the "mine is bigger than yours game" It seems whoever can type the most insults in a post is the bigger stud. I along with many others here would cordially like to say SHUT THE $ELL UP IF YOU HAVE NOTHING CONSTRUCTIVE TO ADD TO A CONVERSATION BECAUSE WE ARE SICK OF THE PISSING CONTESTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!OUT

WooHooo!...what are you going to do next? Hold your breath? Cry? Stomp your itty-bitty feet? I know it CERTAINLY won't be any firsthand accounting in regards to rifles,boolits or critters,but you whine [bleep] wonderfully!

In fairness,I've seen me nekked and that route ain't gonna do you any favors either Toots.

Say a little sumptin' about that trying Arizona "weather" and the "rigors" associated.

Wow.

Brad,

I missed your vocation and the rainfall particulars?!? I know,I know...it's gonna be another long and awkward [bleep] silence as you fire up your Imagination and Pretend an "answer".

Bless your heart.

'Church,

Not much to be said to them with pea brains so trite,so as to be stumped by the inherent pitfalls of CM and the sanctity of S/S in extrapolation. But admittedly,not too many folks shoot anything other than their mouths,but it do much bolster the humor associated with their thinking they've a [bleep] clue.

Weather is horrid,as of 10 minutes ago,as I waltzed through the front door.(grin) Better scrub some Dust Bunnies off the sensor and load up the crummy for yet another 2wk Cast & Blast.

Film at 11:00.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: jmp300wsm Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 03/01/12
Boxer......Whatever, another impressive display of your total lack of....well, everything. Nice. "Lighten up Francis."
Posted By: Boxer Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 03/01/12
Boxer......Whatever, another impressive display of your total lack of....well, everything. Nice. "Lighten up Francis."

Much enjoying your heartfelt whine,nearly as much as you enjoy your Imagination. As per always,it was a good call to refrain all things within the realm of rifles,boolits or critters. Also enjoyed the Treatise on your hardcore outings in that daunting weather you are forced to "contend".

Allow me 1000 words on that matter alone and in your behalf. Feel free to hit "reply" so as to accrue the full splendor...just sayin'.

[Linked Image]

Always a treat to garner "insight" via the Do-Nothing Gang and the "compelling" recounting of the things they nearly did,with the wares the nearly had and from the places they nearly went.

I'm more than a touch comfy in the particulars of what works,what don't and most importantly why. If only because I've the interest,means,time,drive and faculties to correlate all in the first hand via extrapolation. That being said,I surely do not wish to slight your Imagination,Pretend and Guesswork...if only in the sanctity of the perpetual humor,fueled by your incredible dumbphucktitude.

Let's fuel your Imagination some more,if only because happiness is a wet spot and for reasons beyond your ability to comprehend. Laffin'!.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/BigStick/Stuff/Fish%20Stuff/DAD_0198.jpg[/img]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/BigStick/Stuff/Fish%20Stuff/DAD_0244.jpg[/img]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/BigStick/Stuff/Fish%20Stuff/DAD_0281.jpg[/img]

Pardon the scritches,scratches,round count and mileage...it's how I roll.

Here's hoping that one day you'll pry your [bleep] from the couch and see some things for yourself,though it's the dirtiest of tricks to even hint that it'll happen.

Bless your heart.
Perhaps you'd have less scratches and milage if you'd move your rifle up the shore when the tide rolls in laugh
You guys ever hear someone who likes to hear himself drabble so much? Wow! Let it go Francis.
Originally Posted by Boxer
[Linked Image]

Where did the elevation turret go? thanks.
Posted By: Les7603006 Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 03/01/12
[Linked Image]

No need for turrets that day, stalking conditions were great. Able to creep within 25 yards of those Steelhead.
Posted By: goalie Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 03/01/12
You guys ever hear someone who likes to hear himself drabble so much? Wow! Let it go Francis.

Something I've learned from being around a lot of NHL players is that if you're really, really good at something you don't have to tell everyone how good you are.

Now, if you're insecure.....
Posted By: yurotrash Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 03/01/12
I am glad I spend more time on the knife forum. Whoa on the language. Mod needs to put parental ratings on some of the topics! I don't get it showing kids in some pictures and writing the word p@ssy in another. Yes you live in Alaska. Yadee yadaa the Eskimos have been doing it much longer with spears with no goretex soft shell yadee yada.
Posted By: Big_Redhead Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 03/01/12
Boxer,

Do you teach your children to talk and act the way you do on this forum?
Originally Posted by goalie

Something I've learned from being around a lot of NHL players is that if you're really, really good at something you don't have to tell everyone how good you are.

Now, if you're insecure.....

Goalie.....I think you just hat tricked that one!
Posted By: AKduck Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 03/01/12
Yes...feed the trolls. That always works.
He will be back. He used to contribute some stuff that actually was part knowledge. Then he was kicked out under 3 or 4 different names and now he is back. He does have a way of spinning the english language in some funny and not so funny ways though.............YMMV
Posted By: Boxer Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 03/01/12
[Linked Image]

'223,

Have a "hunch" that I prolly buy used 6x42's by the bushel and suplizingly enough,I got caught flat footed and didn't have an ele turreted donor laying loose,so took one for the team. 223AI comeups ain't none too difficult for me to recollect,as I've a Baker's Dozen of 'em(lucky 14 enroute).

Just got back from gunning comeups and chrono readings for a coupla mainstay chamberings/platforms,if only in the interest of perpetual R&D.(grin)

Still cain't find a use for CM on a rifle,though anything other than bores is fluff.

[Linked Image]

Oops...I did it again. Have smoked more than a few CM tubes in a single day of Hunting. 'Course pards have too and it do tend to change how one builds,buys or thinks.

[Linked Image]

I remain a devout fan of S/S swivel studs,for a multitude of reasons. The light waned and I wasn't able to quite capture the sling trying to part at the seam,but this is the 3rd sling on this rifle alone and #4 is due,before schit hits the deck.

[Linked Image]

Have seen me routinely dump comeups in an erector and that constant,will also take a toll...though I've yet to puke one outright. I tend to Vaseline the cap's threads and often throw an O-ring into the fray,if only for obvious reason(s).

[Linked Image]

Ran a 20" 3-grooved 1-8" Dan 243Win through the virgin paces and thunk highly of it. Though quad rails suck from MPAJ on the ice.

[Linked Image]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/BigStick/Stuff/Rifle%20Stuff/DAD_1536.jpg[/img]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/BigStick/Stuff/Rifle%20Stuff/DAD_1563.jpg[/img]

I remain hip on a Montucky and dig the vignette.

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/BigStick/Stuff/Rifle%20Stuff/DAD_1569.jpg[/img]

Would like to see the chart that would(could) correlate a Safe Queen's nether regions seeing so many rounds,that they wear moly. Wouldn't want any of these Day Dreaming [bleep] thinking that CM/Walnut has any roll other than as a half-hearted Play Toy...even in a 7-08AI with 162's.

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/BigStick/Stuff/Rifle%20Stuff/DAD_1579.jpg[/img]

Having the luxury of not being forced to guess,is a wee bit more than a whole bunch handy.

goalie,

Cheer up I never played anything other than Varsity as a minimum and fairly reveled in banging Cheerleaders to boot. While there is no "I" in Team...there sure as [bleep] is in "Win".

Bless your heart!

yurotrash,

Never have been much into blades and the like and am much looking forward to your "knowledge","experience" and "advice" on same. Swing for the fence.

Laffin'!

'300wsm,

You are on FIRE...here's hoping you can enlighten me in regards to the 300 Whizzum,at my uninformed "expense". Shoot for the Moon toots,it'll be quite an Adventure!

Feel free to use ALL of the Imagination and Pretend you can muster,if only because you are going to fall wellll shy of the mark.

Just sayin'.

'lanche,

I never was any good at not using schit and haven't the time or inclination,to suffer wares that won't take a good [bleep] lick.

'Course that'll horn the Do-Nothing Gang right the [bleep] up.(grin)

Posted By: jmp300wsm Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 03/02/12
Boxer(stick),
Sounds to me like nobody on the fire can enlighten you about anything because you seem to know it all already? Kinda like trying to blow out one of those trick candles, you know the kind that everytime you blow a bunch of hot air on they just keep relighting and you just keep blowing. Oh well just keep blowing, your only true talent here anymore it seems. Too bad nobody really wants to hear some of your real knowledge anymore due to your need to just insult and communicate like a 15 year old. I sure you will have some wonderful response again, so blow on!!
enjoy.
Boxer,

HAHA I hear you on not owning stuff that can't take a lick and keep tickin'. But simply throwing your riles in the water next to some fish doesn't seem to prove any points that I can see other than your rifles like to swim?? laugh

Thanks for the pics of some killer fish. The swimming rifles are amazing as always, whats more amazing is the you feel the need to take a pic of them in the water. laugh Personally, I never leave the couch so all my rifles remain pristine as the day I bought 'em. Thanks for sharing
Posted By: 47stalker Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 03/02/12
Geeeeeeeezuz I can not believe the way this thread is heading shocked .....Does this mean I will have to post some of my all time best kill pics up..........or maybe we should just get the ruler out & decide this once & for all LOL.........but I must warn you, I'm smaller than average LOL
This thread went to the ole crapper quick! Good thread for a bit.
Posted By: Boxer Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 03/02/12
Boxer(stick),
Sounds to me like nobody on the fire can enlighten you about anything because you seem to know it all already? Kinda like trying to blow out one of those trick candles, you know the kind that everytime you blow a bunch of hot air on they just keep relighting and you just keep blowing. Oh well just keep blowing, your only true talent here anymore it seems. Too bad nobody really wants to hear some of your real knowledge anymore due to your need to just insult and communicate like a 15 year old. I sure you will have some wonderful response again, so blow on!!
enjoy.

'wsm,

Hardly "surprising" that you refrain ALL things regarding rifles,boolits and critters...though wax eloquent in regards to blow jobs. I've zero doubt that for them curious,you could reiterate in the firsthand(for a change),the nuances of what a dick tastes like. I'm at a loss,to nominate anyone who could refute your expertise upon such matters. Congratulations?

'lanche,

Curiously enough,the amount of moisture intrusion inherent a right proper deluge,is indeed commensurate with submersion...which is/was one of numerous points. I'm loathe to toss wares needlessly into a drink,but am more than a touch comfy in using known overall length dimensioning,to subtend the relative magnitude of victims I cannot hold and photo at like times.

Much humor is added,when clueless Do-Nothing [bleep] fabricate yarns to satiate their Nothingness,as correlation to them findings. They've never seen the Species cited,caught same or schlepped it's environment...which is how you get AZ dumbphucks burning bandwidth as they talk out their ass. Stupidity IS the gift that keeps on giving.

The astute will denote tactile designators in grandiose increments,which more than quantify(or quell) relative Hogtitude. 'Tis an inordinate rod of mine,which do not capably discern them parameters in glaring fashion,much to the chagrin of the clueless(if only ion retrospect).

[Linked Image]

Though sadly...girth remains a bitch and victims ain't always hip on aligning predetermined markers.(grin)

[Linked Image]

I've yet to mar the finish upon a rifle too.

'24,

Feel free to conjure ALL of your Imagination,if only for the humor such escapades produce.

Bless your heart.

'wonka,

You take Douchedom,Imagination,Pretend and Stupidity to new levels.

Congratulations?!!?
Posted By: goalie Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 03/02/12

goalie,

Cheer up I never played anything other than Varsity as a minimum and fairly reveled in banging Cheerleaders to boot. While there is no "I" in Team...there sure as [bleep] is in "Win".

Bless your heart!

I'll bet you sucked and couldn't have made varsity cheerleading. I know you couldn't score on me more than one out of 10 breakaways. Heck, this guy didn't score on a penalty shot with the cameras running for Hockey Day Minnesota.....and he played in the NHL.

[Linked Image]

(That's me with the NHL Alumni Jersey watching the puck NOT go into the net....)

Stick to talking smack about something you might know a little about.

Varsity. Varsity??? That's pretty damn funny.
Posted By: AKduck Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 03/02/12
Ya know....when he isnt trying to insult everybody the man actually has a wealth of knowledge. Havent really seen him give bad advice.
Originally Posted by AKduck
Ya know....when he isnt trying to insult everybody the man actually has a wealth of knowledge. Havent really seen him give bad advice.

I have not seen any hockey pics from him either.

He should put up or STFU.

Having a wealth of knowledge doesn't mean he isn't an [bleep]
Posted By: battue Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 03/02/12
Obvious that more than a few would have trouble tracking a gut shot Moose missing a leg in 10feet of snow.
hoalie,

MUCH enjoying that you fancy Figure Skating to be a "sport",especially while playing catcher...too [bleep] funny! Now say a little something about what you do for a living,to frost the [bleep] cake.

Wow.

'duck,

Admittedly,I do find it entertaining to listen to the Do-Nothing Gang guess wildly and go off on never ending Estrogen fueled rants,in reiteration of their perpetual dumbphucktitude. I never don't not have copious lengths of rope backcoiled at the ready and heartily welcome their peeling off all the slack they think they can handle.

Curiously enough,they get further and further from the crux and it really is tough to top that humor!

Posted By: prm Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 03/02/12
Having a wealth of knowledge doesn't mean he isn't an [bleep]

+1 That's a fact!
hoalie,

MUCH enjoying that you fancy Figure Skating to be a "sport",especially while playing catcher...too [bleep] funny! Now say a little something about what you do for a living,to frost the [bleep] cake.

Wow.

'duck,

Admittedly,I do find it entertaining to listen to the Do-Nothing Gang guess wildly and go off on never ending Estrogen fueled rants,in reiteration of their perpetual dumbphucktitude. I never don't not have copious lengths of rope backcoiled at the ready and heartily welcome their peeling off all the slack they think they can handle.

Curiously enough,they get further and further from the crux and it really is tough to top that humor!

Who's backpedaling? You went from bragging about how you played "varsity" and cheerleaders to calling hockey figure skating.

Looks like you are short enough that eating your own foot was pretty easy.

LAFFIN
hoalie,

I stated simple facts,which remain beyond your ability to comprehend,though it do certainly liven up the party. I also appreciate you harnessing all 17 of your IQ points at once and providing a rollicking overview in the firsthand of what Retardation is like...that's very powerful stuff,despite your being squarely oblivious to your own Treatise.

Cheer up,I started to travel the Nation for Sports in Grade School,which were in fact long prior to the later designators of repute in following years. Do not think that it don't add to the humor,that you are incapable of connecting any dots,yet fancy yourself as having a [bleep] clue!

I reckon you gotta tell yourself something,as you squat on your [bleep] atop an ice cube and bill it as being a "Sport". Bless your heart! Prolly weren't an oversight either,that you lament the divulgence of your vocation. Go ahead and swing for the fence,I was braced prior for the impending belly laugh inherent your ineptitude.

I've long understood that Imitation is indeed the most sincere form of Flattery.

Congratulations?

Pissy Retarded Maiden,

Please understand that only YOU can prevent YOU,from saying something stupid...but do understand that I'd not stop you,even if I could. Due simply to the fact,that it'd be a grandiose waste of inherent humor to refrain such "talent".

You go girl!

I'll feign my "surprise" that you Do-Nothing [bleep] yet again deviate the crux and I prescribe that you both pop 3 Midol and insert 500cc's of Vagisil in your usual locations.

Wow.

hoalie,

I stated simple facts,which remain beyond your ability to comprehend,though it do certainly liven up the party. I also appreciate you harnessing all 17 of your IQ points at once and providing a rollicking overview in the firsthand of what Retardation is like...that's very powerful stuff,despite your being squarely oblivious to your own Treatise.

Cheer up,I started to travel the Nation for Sports in Grade School,which were in fact long prior to the later designators of repute in following years. Do not think that it don't add to the humor,that you are incapable of connecting any dots,yet fancy yourself as having a [bleep] clue!

I reckon you gotta tell yourself something,as you squat on your [bleep] atop an ice cube and bill it as being a "Sport". Bless your heart! Prolly weren't an oversight either,that you lament the divulgence of your vocation. Go ahead and swing for the fence,I was braced prior for the impending belly laugh inherent your ineptitude.

I've long understood that Imitation is indeed the most sincere form of Flattery.

Congratulations?

So, I guess what you're saying is that you got cut from Junior Varsity, and the cheerleader was related to you?

I figured as much.

LAFFIN

As for vocation, do you really want to go there? It would probably crush your little-man ego to find out a nurse has shot much bigger trophy's than you have.....

(Edit: and, considering I have my job in my profile, I think you should run away from your keyboard and head directly to the nearest police station. I'm sure that they have a lot of unsolved crimes that could use the amazing insight you've demonstrated. I mean, wow, you figured out to look at my profile?!?!?!? At least you're just a physical midget, not a mental one.....)
Boxer, thanks for the response on the turret. For a minute, I thought you had converted to a holdover reticle, haha. I think it was you that coined the phrase " akin to a monkey throwing a handful of crap down a scope tube" or something to that effect. haha

'223,

Dealing Death at crosshair intersection has been THE Grail for many moons and will never be trumped...though I get a kick outta the stupidity often crammed inside scopes.(grin)

Though in fairness,rifles,boolits and glass,stump most.

hoalie,

Feel free to practice Pretend and fire your Imagination right the [bleep] up,as you's on an epic roll currently. Please understand I never meant to infer for you to quit using it and to be concise,I'm groovin' upon the exact opposite.

Swing for the fence with your frozen [bleep],bitch ass nurse cap and "all" them Critters.

Laffin'!

Will letcha' try to trump a 422(Google it dumbphuck) and HP's,if only for starters.

[Linked Image]

I'd best go wring out some more trigger time,prove more comeups and see what kissing A-Max do out of a Gasser's magazine.

Film at 11:00...bless your heart.

[Linked Image]

Damn, you almost are as ugly as you are short. Whodathunkit?

As for size, this is far from the biggest, heck, it isn't even one of my tank kills, but you remember your first:

[Linked Image]

Not everyone is impressed with a little bald troll tooting his own horn.

Maybe someday you'll grow up. I mean in terms of maturity. Physically, you're obviously a lost cause. I hope your boyfriend likes the mustachio, it makes your mouth look like a pussy.

I was of course sandbagging...but you'll always have your Imagination. Pardon my horning you up,it weren't my intent,but your taste in men isn't to be slighted. Bless your heart.

[Linked Image]

Curiously enough,mag fed 105 kisses,whether they A-Max or HPBT...are enthralled with the 3-groove spout and 2800fps is a breeze.

[Linked Image]

50/50 rain/snow mix,which is par and enough wind to make it a 162 Day.

[Linked Image]

7-08AI 162's at 2820fps into the .4's was nice,but a Montucky 7 Whizzum remains King.

Pardon my yanking triggers,while you was yet again setting on your [bleep]...it's how I roll.

Again, is someone supposed to be impressed with that little fishy? Oooh, and you shot a rifle today.

You're still a short, ugly little troll.

And an APC is still bigger than anything you've "hunted." Of course, I was sandbagging too. A few T72's to be exact. But I'll wait until you post something bigger than that "little" turret.

FWIW, not everyone is impressed with humidity. Sand blows around same as snow dumphuck

[Linked Image]

Look, a rifle sitting out in harsh conditions. OH MY!!!!

Are you even a veteran, or did you manage to become such a self-absorbed pompous POS all on your own? Inquiring minds want to know.

Anyhow, I've met people who know more about rifles than you ever will. Amazingly, they didn't feel the need to run around telling everyone how great they were, and how stupid everyone else was.......

.....maybe the hardware from Camp Perry and that Distinguished Rifleman badge talked enough for them.

So, I'll say it again: if you actually were really as awesome and knowledgeable as you proclaim yourself to be, you wouldn't have to keep shouting it so loudly over and over and over and over and over.

Posted By: Rogue Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 03/02/12
Again, is someone supposed to be impressed with that little fishy? Oooh, and you shot a rifle today.

And an APC is still bigger than anything you've "hunted." Of course, I was sandbagging too. A few T72's to be exact. But I'll wait until you post something bigger than that "little" turret.

FWIW, not everyone is impressed with humidity. Sand blows around same as snow dumphuck

[Linked Image]

Are you even a veteran, or did you manage to become such a self-absorbed pompous POS all on your own? Inquiring minds want to know.

Anyhow, I've met people who know more about rifles than you ever will. Amazingly, they didn't feel the need to run around telling everyone how great they were, and how stupid everyone else was.......

.....maybe the hardware from Camp Perry and that Distinguished Rifleman badge talked enough for them.

So, I'll say it again: if you actually were really as awesome and knowledgeable as you proclaim yourself to be, you wouldn't have to keep shouting it so loudly over and over and over and over and over.

Seeing the chocolate chip tells us when. Where you a tanker, TOW daddy, throwing an AT4/Dragon, FO or a sniper? Army, Marine, Air Force or Navy? Interesting resume. Glad your here.
Posted By: goalie Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 03/03/12
Originally Posted by Rogue

Seeing the chocolate chip tells us when. Where you a tanker, TOW daddy, throwing an AT4/Dragon, FO or a sniper? Army, Marine, Air Force or Navy? Interesting resume. Glad your here.

Marine.

I was with 2nd Tanks. TOW gunner not a tanker, though we all did driver/loader training in 29 Palms before we went over.

The rifle picture was doing training in Kuwait/Oman/UAE at the end of '91 into early '92 after I had gone over to 1/8. We were shooting at balloons attached to vehicles "a little ways" away.

What a way to f'up a perfectly good Med cruise....

Anyhow, the "resume" isn't much compared to what a lot of guys have compiled over the last 10 years, but it is enough to give me a short-fuse in regards to abrasive, condescending internet know-it-alls.

We, in the shooting sports should be ambassadors to new or inexperienced shooters. While Big Stick wants to give me crap for being a nurse, but I'll bet I have gotten more women shooting than he ever will. Unlike troll-boy, I am not a dick about how they don't know anything. Instead of yelling about how dumb they are (and, FWIW, ignorance is NOT the same as stupidity), I encourage them and give positive reinforcement. They find out shooting is fun. Then they tell their friends, who tell theirs etc....

The next thing you know, you have dozens of hot little nurses running around the hospital talking about what carry gun is better and goes well with what purse. Sure, they might not know MOA from a moose's ass, but it's still a GOOD thing.

I'll admit he appears to at least know what end of the bang-stick points downrange, but the guy's attitude is a cancer. I wonder how many people he's turned away from rifle looneyism with his internet bravado? I have no respect for someone who has put in the trigger-time to actually KNOW their rifles, but refuses to at least make an attempt to be civil and helpful to those who are honestly seeking "enlightenment." Knowledge + zero social skills just means you're a douche-nozzle.

Oh well, at least I don't see that ridiculous 70's porn 'stach when I look in the mirror.....

'223,

Dealing Death at crosshair intersection has been THE Grail for many moons and will never be trumped...though I get a kick outta the stupidity often crammed inside scopes.(grin)

Though in fairness,rifles,boolits and glass,stump most.

hoalie,

Feel free to practice Pretend and fire your Imagination right the [bleep] up,as you's on an epic roll currently. Please understand I never meant to infer for you to quit using it and to be concise,I'm groovin' upon the exact opposite.

Swing for the fence with your frozen [bleep],bitch ass nurse cap and "all" them Critters.

Laffin'!

Will letcha' try to trump a 422(Google it dumbphuck) and HP's,if only for starters.

[Linked Image]

I'd best go wring out some more trigger time,prove more comeups and see what kissing A-Max do out of a Gasser's magazine.

Film at 11:00...bless your heart.

Luigi?
Posted By: Rogue Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 03/03/12
Goalie,

Didn't remember seeing nomex chocolate chip back then but you never know. That's were the TOW guess came from. Haven't had enough time on an OBJ to take kill photos without gear on myself but good for you.

Posted By: Nrut Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 03/03/12
Oh shiit!!!!..
Now I suppose we are going to have to endure Squirrel Boy's dead tree pictures.. crazy

AGAIN......
Goalie,

Didn't remember seeing nomex chocolate chip back then but you never know. That's were the TOW guess came from. Haven't had enough time on an OBJ to take kill photos without gear on myself but good for you.

Those two pics were taken after the war, end of 1991 and early 1992. I had the "pleasure" of going back to Kuwait with 1/8. I didn't have a lot of time to take pictures during the festivities.

You should have seen hell's highway a year later. Miles of rusted out vehicles still just sitting there pushed off to the side.

I did take a few coming back down early March '91

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Oh, and all our fire-retardant gear was green. I never saw chocolate chip nomex either.

Yeah,

Astan and Iraq are both covered with rusting iron. Crazy days. Not a bunch of TOW kills got tallied up in either war in any local. Pretty cool.

The Brads, M1s, Apache's and A10s got most the getting. Watched an F16 nuke-a-burger a Zeus, but the FO did the CFF.

Methinks, the ancient Chinese had Stick in mind when the following thought was put to paper:

I used English just to simplify things:

The wise man knows he knows nothing, the fool thinks he knows all.

Posted By: Boxer Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 03/03/12

[Linked Image]

hoalie,

You've had a full day...coming outta the closet,polishing your Pretend and stretching your Imagination. Must be "rewarding" for you?!!? Laffin'!

If an APC weighs more than 176,000 pounds,then you'll be able to say you've put more meat in a boat than I have in an afternoon. Sadly they don't and you cain't. Hate to burst even more bubbles,but I've cut lotsa flowers that'd precariously outweigh a T72 and yet again,in but a portion of an afternoon.

[Linked Image]

Never been close to sand,let alone wet sand or heaven forbid Maritime sand...so I'm all ears in regards to how such factors weigh on 'arms. Thanks!

[Linked Image]

Who is the cross-eyed slut peering through the microscope at the beach? Always wanted a microscope...that'd be cool!

[Linked Image]

One could only imagine the "satisfaction" that must be your's,to be in the loop in regards to rifles. Undoubtedly you find it "rewarding"?!!? I'm [bleep] cryin' I'm laughing so hard!

Here's hoping you can "tell" me about all the particulars of one of them "Sniper Rifles",because your Imagination is CERTAINLY boundless. Personally,I shoot a Mouser '06.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Cheer up...I'm still sandbagging you Day Dreaming Douchebag.

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/BigStick/Stuff/Fish%20Stuff/BIGHalibut.jpg[/img]

Wow.

Mule Queer,

I'll happily be whoever you most need me to be...if only because I've the shoulders to schlep the load.

Bless your heart.

Nrut,

'Tis always a pleasure to view your "pics".

Laffin'!

This schit is never not [bleep] HILARIOUS!!!

Mike,

[bleep] it,don't break her off at the boat.(grin)

Posted By: cfran Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 03/03/12
Give us more pics and tell us how great you are, sure is a hoot reading your dribble.
Posted By: JohnMoses Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 03/03/12
Well it's about time for dog catcher to drop back In and ask for another pat on the head from Stick.

Sit, stay, roll over...lol
One of my High School wrestling buds fought through Kuwait City with your bunch. He pulled down a V device. Great guy.
Originally Posted by JohnMoses
Well it's about time for dog catcher to drop back In and ask for another pat on the head from Stick.

I wonder if Squirrel Boys little leg humpers realize how silly they look... smirk
Posted By: Stickfight Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 03/03/12
176,000 pounds

F*ck.
Originally Posted by cfran
Give us more pics and tell us how great you are, sure is a hoot reading your dribble.

Sugartits,

I'm happy to provide the facts that MUCH exceed your wildest [bleep] Dreams,as well as the compunction to cite that "dribble" is what your leaking pie hole does daily.

Bless your heart and Imagination!

Wow!

JM,

As per always,hang Critter Pics...if only in the name of outright humor!

Bless your heart.

Nrut,

Only Bigsqueeze and Magnum Douche can rival you,in the schit you nearly did and the pics that nearly took,of the places you nearly were.

Congratulations?

'fight,

It was a better Tow than that.

Just sayin'.

As an aside...where's hoalie?!?

laffin'!

Posted By: ingwe Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 03/03/12
Thread killin' bastid......

grin
Originally Posted by Stickfight
176,000 pounds

F*ck.

Been here 18 months and this is your first post.

Dink
Don't let Tom Thumb fool u fellas.

Those fish in the pics are 1/2 lb. blue gills.

He's just that tiny.

Who is the cross-eyed slut peering through the microscope at the beach? Always wanted a microscope...that'd be cool!

I want to make sure I understand you. You are calling the spotter on the scope of that M40 a "cross-eyed slut???" Are you 100% certain that you want to go there?

Oh, and while I don't expect an answer, are you a veteran?

As for the tree: really? You want to compare cutting down a piece of wood with a saw to engaging tanks during the battle at the Kuwait City airport with TOW missiles?

It's a freaking TREE. Show me an animal bigger than that little (tiny actually) APC turret and we can talk little-man.

Posted By: Jeff_O Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 03/03/12
I wanna play, but I can't figure out how to open the thread.......

As an aside...where's hoalie?!?

laffin'!

I went shooting myself. Just a .270 that puts holes into 1-1.5" at 100. Nothing special, but I am sure you could shoot a gnat in the ass with it at a mile.

LAFFIN right back at ya midget-boy
Posted By: Jeff_O Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 03/03/12
Oh no.

Not a .270.......

If an APC weighs more than 176,000 pounds,then you'll be able to say you've put more meat in a boat than I have in an afternoon.

I just want to point out for posterity that trees are not meat, and they don't shoot back.

But, hey, if I was 4"10" with a 70's porn 'stach, I just might think bragging about killing a [bleep] tree was cool too......
goalie you ever cut trees? Pretty dangerous job and something that everyone thinks they can do. Ever heard of a tree, barbers chairing? Do you know what a plunge cut is? Its easy to look at that picture and say no big deal, that is for a guy that has zero clue about taking down trees. I realize you and boxer have a beef and I don't care to get between you two. But from one Devil Dog to another tree's don't need to shoot back, they are very effective killers.
Originally Posted by Nrut
Oh shiit!!!!..
Now I suppose we are going to have to endure Squirrel Boy's dead tree pictures.. crazy

AGAIN......

FTFW

I owe you a beer or a scotch or whatever your poison. It is pretty funny that you knew the little-guy was gonna pull up pics of himself cutting down a tree in reply to talking about SHOOTING things.

Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
goalie you ever cut trees? Pretty dangerous job and something that everyone thinks they can do. Ever heard of a tree, barbers chairing? Do you know what a plunge cut is? Its easy to look at that picture and say no big deal, that is for a guy that has zero clue about taking down trees. I realize you and boxer have a beef and I don't care to get between you two. But from one Devil Dog to another tree's don't need to shoot back, they are very effective killers.

One Devil Dog to another, I wasn't talking trees. NOBODY was talking trees. I could give a [bleep] about trees. If I wanted to give a [bleep] about trees, I would find a forum about how midgets cut down big dangerous trees.

He did, however, call a Marine from STA 1/8 who I served with a "slut."

I wouldn't cross the street to piss on the guy if he was on fire.

I just want to point out for posterity that trees are not meat, and they don't shoot back.

Oh really? Are you sure about that? Because this is your post right here.

So yeah you are shooting off your mouth about something you know zero about.

You are one thin skinned Marine. Your really going to let Boxer get the best of you because he called your friend a name? Tell me again the tough road to KIA again because I was there before the ground war started.

Oh really? Are you sure about that? Because this is your post right here.

So yeah you are shooting off your mouth about something you know zero about.

You are one thin skinned Marine. Your really going to let Boxer get the best of you because he called your friend a name? Tell me again the tough road to KIA again because I was there before the ground war started.

I'm pretty sure the blowhard hasn't gotten the best of me yet. I'll stay tuned.

I'm also pretty sure we had about half a million of us over there before the ground war started. I don't know what it has to do with Big Stick or trees, but then again, I don't really care. I don't know why you felt the need to jump in on his behalf, but, again, I don't really GAS.

I'm still waiting on him answering me about whether he is a vet or not. My money is not. I hear they have a height requirement.....

And, here's me just before we headed up north, in case you know me.

[Linked Image]

Nope don't know you. That looks like Ras Al Gar or however you spell it. I was with 3rd Marines. But I might know one guy in 1/8 STA, Sgt Carmichell or maybe he was a Cpl then not sure but I believe he was with 1/8 sometime around Desert shield/storm.
Nope don't know you. That looks like Ras Al Gar or however you spell it. I was with 3rd Marines. But I might know one guy in 1/8 STA, Sgt Carmichell or maybe he was a Cpl then not sure but I believe he was with 1/8 sometime around Desert shield/storm.

I was with 1/8 after Desert Storm when they went back on a Med Cruise gone bad. Summer med cruise should NOT involve deserts.

Ask your buddy if he knows a guy who needed dental work and was into hang-gliding and Kayaking. smile
Posted By: Stickfight Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 03/03/12
Originally Posted by DINK
Originally Posted by Stickfight
176,000 pounds

F*ck.

Been here 18 months and this is your first post.

Dink

Honestly, I don't know half of what most of you know about rifles, so I'm here to read more than anything else.

But I have felled enough timber to know that regardless of who gets mad at whom, 176k is past what a whole lot of guys will ever see in their careers. You can watch TV all day and not see anything like that.

But thanks for keeping up with me, I appreciate it. I don't care to look up anything about you at all though, so the fascination isn't mutual.
I haven't seen or heard from him in years we went different directions in the Corps. The guy you speak of was he ever with ANGLICO?

Don't feel bad John, if you had any real world experience at all, I would talk to you once in awhile too.
Posted By: yurotrash Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 03/03/12
Who cares about cutting a 170k tree! Go paperless and save a few trees This is a hunting/rifle forum. Today's world it's brain over brawn. The chinese are slowly buying out US. John Henry has no real asset anymore only to those who throws rifles into water to take pictures of.
It takes brains to tackle trees and ever more to stay alive doing it. What do you think your house is made of? Damn clueless people!
I hope you get a Christmas card for your efforts.

Who knows, he may name you top toadie.
I haven't seen or heard from him in years we went different directions in the Corps. The guy you speak of was he ever with ANGLICO?

Nope. When he went for MSG duty he ended up FAST though.

I knew a few in FAST but none that sound like your guy.
hoalie,

Much enjoying that flowers ain't livin',but somehow APC's is? I reckon you've long been accustomed to the fact that everyone you know,have seen or met...knows a [bleep] of a lot more than you do?!? Congratulations?

You whine [bleep] wonderfully and that it's heartfelt,do add a certain dramatic flair. You take Estrogen levels to new heights and I've not doubt you are on your 3rd or 4th [bleep] transplant,due the amount of time you spend setting static atop your's,practicing Pretend and Imagination.

Bless your heart.

Jeff-O,

hoalie [bleep] near makes you look like you've a clue and that'd be a [bleep] first.

Nrut,

As per always,I'm groovin' on your MagnumDouche and bigsqueeze photo album and all them splendid pixels.

Laffin'!

'fight,

Much enjoying how you can [bleep] up so much,so fast and with all of your Post's. Not everyone can transpose bark for scales...but I've zero doubt it's the best you can do,with what very little you have to work with.

You go girl!

'trash,

You must certainly care,as you are riveted and Posting to boot. Rest assured your fascination is well founded and ain't it very "rewarding" for you to constantly live vicariously? Undoubtedly it's far more satisfying than slumming your Reality.

Happiness is slamming a 1000+ year old tree to the ground,pissing on the stump and lining one's pocket with the loot...if only because money both grows on trees and is in fact printed upon trees.

Profound...ain't it?!!?

Much looking forward to the ruse associated with your "brain rifles",please feel free to hang them pics and wax eloquent upon same. Rest assured,I'm enjoying that long and awkward [bleep] silence,this very second.

Laffin'!

hoalie,

Much enjoying that flowers ain't livin',but somehow APC's is? I reckon you've long been accustomed to the fact that everyone you know,have seen or met...knows a [bleep] of a lot more than you do?!? Congratulations?

You whine [bleep] wonderfully and that it's heartfelt,do add a certain dramatic flair. You take Estrogen levels to new heights and I've not doubt you are on your 3rd or 4th [bleep] transplant,due the amount of time you spend setting static atop your's,practicing Pretend and Imagination.

Bless your heart.

I'll take that as a "No, I was too big of a punk to ever serve in the military." Musta been that pesky height requirement, eh?

Thanks for clearing that up.

hoalie,

Bless your heart.

I'll take that as a "No, I was too big of a punk to ever serve in the military." Musta been that pesky height requirement, eh?

Thanks for clearing that up.

They didn't allow gheys in the military 20-25 years ago..
Not that Squirrel Boy is ghey...whistle

laugh
Posted By: southtexas Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 03/03/12
goalie: thanks for your service. Have enjoyed your exchange with old blow-hard. He has become a sad case.
Originally Posted by southtexas
goalie: thanks for your service. Have enjoyed your exchange with old blow-hard. He has become a sad case.

Yeah, but Montana was correct. I shouldn't have such a short-fuse with someone who is so obviously a troll.

Although, I have to admit, I find it interesting how many sycophants he seems to have. Well, that or multiple sock-puppet accounts..... Either way, it's pretty sad that someone who could be an asset to the community feels the need to act in a way that is a caricature of what libtards imagine all gun-owners are like. I guess if one is of small stature and matching ego, that's what you end up with.

I do love how he won't answer simple questions. I guess it is "ignore" time.

smile

Nrut,

As per always,I'm groovin' on your MagnumDouche and bigsqueeze photo album and all them splendid pixels.

Laffin'!

Just because I don't post pictures, doesn't mean I can't use my imagination while lounging on the couch???
Ha!
hoalie,

I get a kick outta your Tourist Pics and your fascination with things that drive down roads. The only way to top humor on that level,would be to Pretend to know something about the "M40",would love to hear about it's stock. I'd not go there,due to how deeply you are in over your head,but it'll be [bleep] hilarious,should you be unable to refrain.

If only to fuel your Dreams...though it's a shame I can't load audio onto a pic,or I'd add some Choo-choo noises,so as to really ring the bell and put you over the top.

[Linked Image]

"Choo-Choooo!!"...I'm cryin' I'm laughing so hard!

mouthwind,

Your's is the funniest [bleep] thing I've ever read...a [bleep] Do-Nothing Texan consoling a Whining Jarhead.

Holy schit,that is PRICELESS!

Nrut,

It only "counts" if you Post about your Imagination and Toots...you are sure as [bleep] there.

Congratulations?

cmg,

'Twas cited plainly long prior,that anyone befuddled by CM and S/S...really hasn't the faculties to savvy anything,so it is well beyond moot,to attempt to cast any enlightenment their way.

Bad enough to haveta suffer a CM receiver,but a CM bore much exceeds being a [bleep] joke,unless of course it has Chromed Lining as per the prior mention,which is all more than a touch beyond obvious. A CM Forbes is a Goat [bleep],just like any/all other CM offerings.

Toted some Squirrel Rifles yesterday too.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I hear good things about 210XBT's at 3400fps entering Cheerios and exiting wishbones,upon Squirrels.

[Linked Image]

Could see where it'd be easy to slap a 24 about and roll a 20 instead,but alas these Bean Counter "decisions" hinge on folks who "know" and "shoot" as much as these sorry Do-Nothing [bleep] here. Was mentioned long prior as well,that a .473" wearing a 3" COAL capable blind mag,would be music to the ears of the astute...which I know you ain't of the ilk.

It'd house lotsa options and negate all things '24. Though it'd take an IQ greater than 17 to connect them dots and again...you's outta luck. one could very obviously throat upper echelon BC's to kiss and have room to chase lands both,we call that "win/win".

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/BigStick/Stuff/Rifle%20Stuff/DAD_1328.jpg[/img]

Light done right,leaves nothing to wish for,CM done in any fashion is a [bleep] turd.

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/BigStick/Stuff/Rifle%20Stuff/DAD_0716.jpg[/img]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/BigStick/Stuff/Rifle%20Stuff/20110221-DAD_1809.jpg[/img]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/BigStick/Stuff/Rifle%20Stuff/FlyweightTrifecta.jpg[/img]

Being afforded the luxury of not being forced to guess,do have it's distinct advantages. Bless your heart.

As per always,I'm off to rotate another slice of the herd through zero confirmation and comeup exercises...here's hoping that Pretend and Imagination run rampant here,while I'm yerking triggers. Appears to be a .435BC day and they never suck.

Film at 11:00.

Posted By: Ready Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 03/03/12
And all this pertains to the Forbes 24 how?
How special.
Originally Posted by cmg
And all this pertains to the Forbes 24 how?

It doesn't. I owe you guys an apology for feeding the little troll.

Posted By: Royce Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 03/03/12
Goalie
There certainly is an apology due, but it ain't from you
Posted By: cooperfan Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 03/03/12
Choo-Chooo is pretty frigging funny though.
[...]

cmg,

'Twas cited plainly long prior,that anyone befuddled by CM and S/S...really hasn't the faculties to savvy anything,so it is well beyond moot,to attempt to cast any enlightenment their way.

Bad enough to haveta suffer a CM receiver,but a CM bore much exceeds being a [bleep] joke,unless of course it has Chromed Lining as per the prior mention,which is all more than a touch beyond obvious. A CM Forbes is a Goat [bleep],just like any/all other CM offerings.

[...]

Thank you for clearing that up. I see your point.

Best wishes.
For shooting VLDs magazine box dimensions are an absolute. For serious hunting rifles that get used in Oregon's Cascade and Coastal ranges I don't want anything but stainless steel.

Thinking as much as most of you hate the guys from SE Alaska they understand hard use rifles.
Rogue,

thank you for your explanation.

Two things -

speaking for myself - I do not hate anybody from SE Alaska.

second, I will try real hunting sometime. Always wanted to...
hoalie,

Much enjoying the long and very [bleep] awkward silence in regards to your "M40" delusions. Let's fuel some more of your precious Imagination and pave the way for you to Pretend. It is in fact a .435BC day,if only for conversation.

[Linked Image]

Groovin' on your sheer and utter cluelessness.

Wow.

Royce,

Don't be so fast to chastise hoalie's 1st Grade Teacher and be in a huff to extract an apology from her,on how she dropped so many balls those years ago...she undoubtedly didn't have much to work with and that fact is only fair to factor into the equation.

Just sayin'.

GW,

'Course it's the same old schit,you Do-Nothing [bleep] are gonna bitch,moan,whine and [bleep] complain...then point fingers at how everything is someone else's "fault". You've the Vagina Monologue down to an exacting Science and it is amazing that you think you can keep your [bleep] tied to the couch and somehow have a [bleep] clue about anything. I'm much obliged for the humor inherent and still groovin' on how stupidity isn't an Act for you. Feel free to revisit the Midol and Vagisil recommendations and thank me later.

You go girl!

cmg,

CM is for Haybale & Crockett affairs in La-La Land. Though a .435BC day,a .625BC assuredly do not suck.

[Linked Image]

As per always it is tough to trump MPAJ and good technique. Kiss,find pressure and rock on...and I do very much enjoy that the Do-Nothing Gang is so reliably stumped,with known quantities...but it IS [bleep] funny. Humor is added when you lead 'em to water and watch 'em not drink,as it sure as schit cracks me up!

Was torn on dumping ISO and stopping down to drag the shutter,so as to catch conditions(only about 10mph or so,quartering to),or shooting WFO at an increased ISO to catch itty-bitty slices of time. Tough call.

1/125 "drag" handheld.

[Linked Image]

1/180 "drag" handheld.

[Linked Image]

Going more static,due to ISO nudge to allow action catchin',though stopped a full stop for increased DOF. 1/1000.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/BigStick/Stuff/Rifle%20Stuff/DAD_1714.jpg[/img]

Trio of 105A-Max in a tidy cluster,given conditions...though hardly [bleep] "surprising". Follow through is everything. Hint.

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/BigStick/Stuff/Rifle%20Stuff/DAD_1721.jpg[/img]

Weather is improving and I'm thinking .242BC's on the next jaunt. Can't wait for the next installment of the things the Do-Nothing Gang nearly did,with wares they nearly had and in the places they nearly went.

Wow.

Posted By: GreatWaputi Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 03/03/12
I deleted my post after a little prodding from someone looking out for your best interests, but you obviously read it beforehand, so I'll reiterate, guilt must be a bittch and I'd hate to be living in your miserable skin. Keep chasing your demons and doing whatever it takes to make yourself feel better. Two outta three ain't bad.

For shooting VLDs magazine box dimensions are an absolute. For serious hunting rifles that get used in Oregon's Cascade and Coastal ranges I don't want anything but stainless steel.

Thinking as much as most of you hate the guys from SE Alaska they understand hard use rifles.

As you pointed out S.E. Alaska isn't the only place stainless shines..
I guarantee you if I ever get a rifle it will be stainless.. whistle

As far as anyone hating anyone I just don't see how that can apply here..
There are people that post here at the Campfire that I dislike (not hate) but Squirrel Boy isn't one of them..
He is just a little comedian with a camera.. laugh

He can't possibly take himself seriously...
Posted By: Brad Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 03/03/12
The funny thing about a guy that has lived in AK for years, and call's others "do-nothing's," is the fact he has no sheep, caribou, goat, moose (besides one miserable yearling) or brown bear pics... all he does is from a logging road or boat.

Now that is what I call a do-nothing... a do-nothing that flushes a lot of money down the empty-grave of materialism in an attempt to impress the gullible.

Sad really...
Oh boy! after 26 pages, it's time to get the popcorn going. laugh

Hate would take effort. I will say that I do not appreciate obnoxious jerks. Real life or the internet. A complete lack of manners is not something that should be tolerated by upstanding members of any community, even an internet community.

Thankfully, the ignore button is rather easy to use.

smile
Roger that - can't for the life of me figure out why this crap continues.

I'm sure writing that will qualify me as a "leaking pie hole". Feel bad for dudes that can't shake short mans disease.
Originally Posted by cooperfan

Lackey.
The funny thing about a guy that has lived in AK for years, and call's others "do-nothing's," is the fact he has no sheep, caribou, goat, moose (besides one miserable yearling) or brown bear pics... all he does is from a logging road or boat.

Now that is what I call a do-nothing... a do-nothing that flushes a lot of money down the empty-grave of materialism in an attempt to impress the gullible.

Sad really...
Originally Posted by cfran
Roger that - can't for the life of me figure out why this crap continues.

Unfortunately, it would appear to be because people like me keep feeding the troll.

I have seen the light though. I promise. smile

*** You are ignoring this user ***
Toggle the display of this post

Lackey.

lackey - a person who tries to please someone in order to gain a personal advantage
Posted By: Daveh Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 03/03/12
Brad- that's what I was thinking. Lots of deer and fish....

Bottom line for me is the fact that my life doesn't center on rifles or hunting.
First and foremost I provide for my family including my daughters education and a modest home for her so she won't "have to rely" on someone similar to the self centered, materialist, all for me gents on the Internet.

I'm done....

Lackey.

lackey - a person who tries to please someone in order to gain a personal advantage

Yep... think it over chameleon.
Originally Posted by Daveh

I'm done....

Surprising more aren't... guess that's where cults come from.

Sad really...
If agreeing with Boxer about having stainless steel tubes on the new Forbes rifle makes me an a$$ kisser, then so be it.
This is just entertainment for Stick. Admittedly a little over the top, but he just throws his hook out to see who bites and usually fills up the boat.

If agreeing with Boxer about having stainless steel tubes on the new Forbes rifle makes me an a$$ kisser, then so be it.

Nope, its about being a puzzy that sits back playing all sides to the middle.

Sad really...
Posted By: goalie Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 03/04/12

I actually agree with him about stainless in a rifle you are going to hunt hard with.

That doesn't change the fact that he is a cancer, and routinely engages in behavior that nobody would tolerate in a friend or neighbor.

How you treat the people around you matters. Even on the internet. Being an apologist for behavior like that displayed by Stick makes you part of the problem with discourse in society today.

Again, while he made fun of my profession, I have gotten dozens of nurses at my hospital involved in the shooting sports. While that makes me, in his eyes, a "[bleep]," I would think that being an ambassador for the shooting sports, even if it makes me a "[bleep]," to someone as awesome as Stick, is better than actively driving people away with name-calling and condescension.

But, hey, divide and conquer hasn't ever worked for the people who would infringe upon our rights in the past, so it's all good.

With friends like these......
smirk
Posted By: JohnMoses Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 03/04/12
Brad has baited his hook and is methodically trolling for the elusive stick fish. Lol.

Tip: bait the hook with a big game pic. He never passes up an opportunity to ridicule other folks kills.
Posted By: Brad Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 03/04/12

Sad really...
That's a pretty sick 243!

What kind of rear bag is that?

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Boxer Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 03/04/12
cfran,

The length of the list of things you can't figure,couldn't be measured in anything other than light years.

Bless your heart.

hoalie,

That long [bleep] awkward "M40" silence,rates nearly the top of schit that cracks me the [bleep] up.

You did well to heed the warning and I ain't never been less than fair,in warning idiots as [bleep] stupid as you.

Just sayin'.

cooperfan,

I'm just as entertained as you are,that the Do-Nothing Gang is feverishly fending S/S.

Too [bleep] funny,for certain!

Burger King Brad,

Much enjoy your eloquent whine,that you live in the wrong place,go on the wrong chase and that your paycheck is far too small. No wonder you whine so well,you've very good reason(s).

Congratulations?

Daveh,

You flatter yourself that you were ever "in". But admittedly...that oblivious flavor of humor,is very difficult to whoop.

Oddly enough,noone ever accused you of having a [bleep] clue about Hunting or Rifles,let alone hint that you were centered around anything other than your couchbound [bleep].

No need to reiterate the obvious.

JM,

I've never not casted purty and simply hook and release as per whim.

Pardon my making it look easy for me,only because it is.

Shane,

That's a Here Kitty-Kitty Tactical Rice-A-Roni Pistol Grip Bag...you get'em at the same place you scoop 1.75-6x mildot M2's.(grin)

[Linked Image]

This last trek went from being a .435BC Day,to squarely a .625BC Day. Helter Skelter swirling winds,gaining steam by the second.

[Linked Image]

The Gasser spitting .530BC's is squarely Skookum.

[Linked Image]

Shoulda gunned frames of the riser block removal,upon the unknowed scope...but the re-sighting in the whirlwind was pretty good stuff.(grin)

[Linked Image]

Will make one more jaunt,to fully wring out Re-17 with the 105's and call it a day.

Hope your World is well.

Posted By: cooperfan Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 03/04/12

Nope, its about being a puzzy that sits back playing all sides to the middle.

First off do you even own a NULA rifle, or hunted with one? I currently have 2, so of course I am going to be positive about Mel coming out with a new project. I can't help it if some valid points about stainless vs. CM has changed my mind about buying one right now. If that's playing both sides, then a lot of other posters are as well. If your attitude towards me is going back to your ignorance about Blaser Rifles, let it go. yes, I have 3 of those as well and know them a little better than you.

Your opinions are not going to change what products I buy or use.
How do you like the Blaser rifles? How well do they shoot?
How do you like the Blaser rifles? How well do they shoot?

I have a Luxus K-95 in .308 that is a sweetheart, with great wood. I'm not even sure why I'm looking at another lightweight to be honest with you, cabin fever I suppose.

Have 2 complete R-93's as well, both with synthetic stocks (4 barrels). 7mm-08 barrel is my favorite, but shoot the .22LR the most (great addition to any R-93 system)

They shoot as advertised.

Length of pull could be a touch shorter, that's the only negative I have.

Sad really...

No answer or pics... thought as much.

Poser...

I like this. It's like having a blowhard filter.

smile
Posted By: 47stalker Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 03/04/12
It seems the Boxer is a ticking time bomb just awaiting to go BOOOOOOOM.

So do 1 of 2 things, & I reckon I have the right to say this coz I started this thread for genuine reasons.
First, & I hope you choose this!
Look at yourself in the mirror & speak what you have just wrote whilst looking at yourself in the eye. If this does not awaken your soul & hit home to your attitude atm not much will.

Every man can be pulled out of the deepest abyss will the right advise, friends & time.....
But you seriously need to take a good long hard look at yourself man. And I say this not as your enemy, just a man that is a little concerned for your & others welfare....
Posted By: WoodsyAl Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 03/04/12
Originally Posted by ingwe
Thread killin' bastid......

grin

You pretty well nailed it. This was an enjoyable and informative thread for a while.

Sad really...

Poser...

Burger King Brad,

Much enjoy your eloquent whine,that you live in the wrong place,go on the wrong chase and that your paycheck is far too small. No wonder you whine so well,you've very good reason(s).

Feel free to hit me with the addy of the Burger King in which you are currently working and I will happily provide the pixels demonstrating whatever pose you deem most "flattering" in the situation. Would go so far as to try to hand you a bill you could break,inundate you with all the Hunts you could not make...all while you frost your dumbphucktitude cake.

[Linked Image]

Congratulations?

hoalie,

Tough to trump your Imagination,that you ain't reading this.

Wow.

'24,

I reckon that "ticking" you hear,is the [bleep] you are setting astride upon,trying to writhe it's way to freedom.

MUCH enjoying that CM is an option for you.

Bless your Do-Nothin' Heart...along with that [bleep] you had to kick start.

'Al,

Here's HOPING that CM remains viable for you.

Laffin'!

Sad really...

Poser...

LOL where I come from men like you are called; Knobjockies. You certainly meet this criteria with ease.

I like your use of name. The Boxer, HAA..... Contact admin & change it to 'The Tool' LOL

PS-Im actually surprised you have not received various PM's to meet up with some of the lads here. But I guess they have.... YELLA .......
YOU HAVE A BIGMOUTH

C,mon admin this dicks ISP needs to be banned for good.

YOU HAVE A BIGMOUTH

C,mon admin this dicks ISP needs to be banned for good.

Vagenius,

I enjoy that you are yelling at yourself,though I doubt increased volume will straighten your crossed eyes. Feel free to correct me,if I'm "wrong". Laffin'!

Feel free to summons all of your abilities to Pretend,if only to bolster your Imagination.

Wow.
Pm coming.

just edited it as I could not be bothered with a SOB, plus I will take the advice.. 'DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS'

Thanks men I needed that advice wink
Life is good here.

These things are shooting BC .710.
[Linked Image]
melvin24, this is the key:

Apparently, the little troll gets a pass here at the campfire. Be the bigger man....

.....which isn't hard, since he's 4'10" with his heels on.

smile
Posted By: 338Federal Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 03/04/12
MM, What speeds you getting there with the 225s?
338Federal,

2500 fps in the 20.5" 308. That's with moly and 48gr RL17. And they do shoot in a 1/12 twist. I've had them out to 1200 yards with good consistency.

In local atmo they should hold 1200 fps to just past 1600 yards. When the ground dries out and i can see splashes, I'll take them to a mile, for [bleep]-n-gigglz.

Getting some loaded up in the 30-06, expecting to see 2600-2625 fps from a 22.5" bbl.

Sad really...
Posted By: 338Federal Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 03/04/12
Thanks for the recipe. May try some myself this Spring. Them's good numbers.
melvin24, this is the key:

Apparently, the little troll gets a pass here at the campfire. Be the bigger man....

.....which isn't hard, since he's 4'10" with his heels on.

smile

Advice taken. Now I need to work out how I can stop viewing this SOB posts.....Any hints? I searched through my personal setting but could not find anything confused

PS-Just cracked the 'ignore user', sweet, no more SOB BS grin
Posted By: Jeff_O Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 03/04/12
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
338Federal,

2500 fps in the 20.5" 308. That's with moly and 48gr RL17. And they do shoot in a 1/12 twist. I've had them out to 1200 yards with good consistency.

In local atmo they should hold 1200 fps to just past 1600 yards. When the ground dries out and i can see splashes, I'll take them to a mile, for [bleep]-n-gigglz.

Getting some loaded up in the 30-06, expecting to see 2600-2625 fps from a 22.5" bbl.

You WILL succeed in shooting out those .30's... someday...
Here's one of my CM NULA's. Although it has been Cerakoted by Eddie Fosnaugh

[Linked Image]

Posted By: battue Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 03/04/12
Safety is off so I'm guessing it is empty and you have no intention of shooting at something. Why would you then lay it on the table and let the snow start building up on it.

If it is loaded-and it appears cocked-again with the safety off-why would you leave it hanging over the edge of a slippery table?
The safety is on, its in the back position, I'm not sure what your point is? i was trying to show the benefit or need of stainless.

The rifle is laid across my shooting rail, 22 feet up in a ladder stand. Sudden snow storm came in and laid about 2" of snow in an hour.

I really wonder about some of you guys. Does the intention always have to be to knock someone or treat them like you know better then them? Please read thru my 700 plus posts and see if I have ever called anyone a name. Heck, I've been falsely called names a couple times on this thread alone (did I fire back, when my questions wernt answered?), now my experience or safety is being questioned. If you guys think I offer nothing to the conversations please let me know and I will stop posting.

I guess I keep getting hooked, but losing interest fast.

Posted By: Tanner Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 03/04/12
Why a ULA for a stand hunt? Just curious...
It's the only muzzleloader I have, and I like short light rifles in the stand.
After looking at my three Nula's your safety in the on position must be in a different position than mine.

For mine to look like your pic the safety would have to be off and the firing pin would have to be released.

22feet up in the air with at least 40% of the rifle hanging over a slippery edge? After looking closer make it 30%

If someone pointed that out to me, I would thank them instead of getting defensive.
Posted By: bea175 Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 03/04/12
I personally won't waste my money on a Custom or Semi Custom if it didn't have a SS Tube and would prefer a SS Action to go with it. I wouldn't even think of buying this rifle if CM is all they offered. As far as I'm concerned if you hunt by yourself keep your safety off or on it is your choice.
The safety is on, its in the back position, I'm not sure what your point is? i was trying to show the benefit or need of stainless.

The rifle is laid across my shooting rail, 22 feet up in a ladder stand. Sudden snow storm came in and laid about 2" of snow in an hour.

I really wonder about some of you guys. Does the intention always have to be to knock someone or treat them like you know better then them? Please read thru my 700 plus posts and see if I have ever called anyone a name. Heck, I've been falsely called names a couple times on this thread alone (did I fire back, when my questions wernt answered?), now my experience or safety is being questioned. If you guys think I offer nothing to the conversations please let me know and I will stop posting.

I guess I keep getting hooked, but losing interest fast.

Welcome to the Internet where everyone knows something about something.

Boxer gets a little sidetracked messing with people. But he's right about there are a lot of people that have and do nothing but know it all. Just ask them.

Dink
After looking at my three Nula's your safety in the on position must be in a different position than mine.

For mine to look like your pic the safety would have to be off and the firing pin would have to be released.

22feet up in the air with at least 40% of the rifle hanging over a slippery edge? After looking closer make it 30%

If someone pointed that out to me, I would thank them instead of getting defensive.

Thank you, too tired to argue, but it's laying on burlap

Posted By: Lawdwaz Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 03/04/12
Originally Posted by TannerGun

Why the [bleep] not?

[Linked Image]

Same thing this buck said as he strolled by at 140yds.

Posted By: Aviator Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 03/04/12
Why ULA for a stand hunt..Why not ?

I have used mine for stalking still hunting and stand hunting...I have made one shot kills on whitetail out to 217yds with no problem...I had mine out and shot it a few weeks ago tried some barnes 250gr TEZ flat base with MMP short blacks..5 shots under an inch at 100yds 4 in one hole !

Boxer gets a little sidetracked messing with people. But he's right about there are a lot of people that have and do nothing but know it all. Just ask them.

Dink

Well, I sure as hell won't ask him for advice about parenting......
I doubt that buck could talk, by if he could you should have held a gun on Him and made him lead you to the biggest B&C buck in the county.

If he ain't it...nice deer!
It's the only muzzleloader I have, and I like short light rifles in the stand.
Right on... I know they're tack drivers as well... just thought some guys opted for a little heavier rigs in a stand.
That's a low blow fella. He never brought your family into it.

You just lost any high ground you might have held.

I just took a picture of what the safety looks like when off.

[Linked Image]
And the safety in the On position. fit's in the middle
of the groove.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: David_Walter Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 03/04/12

Dink

Well, I sure as hell won't ask him for advice about parenting......

I think you're misguided. Whatever pissing contest you and Boxer may have, he's DEFINITELY raising those hunting and fishing kids right!
That's a low blow fella. He never brought your family into it.

You just lost any high ground you might have held.

Not trying to have the high ground. If you want to be a dick to someone you don't even know, well, you reap what you sow. He brought someone very close to me into it with his little comments.

And, yeah, he should spend more time with the kids and less being an azzhole to people he doesn't even know. That is assuming he acts differently in real life to his family than he does here. From what I've seen, that is a very, very big assumption, and one I certainly am not willing to make.

Thinking he spends a lot of time with the kids outdoors.... Pretty sweet life they've got out there.
Posted By: Ready Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 03/04/12
Lets give this a rest, shall we not?

Most of you still have this sunday ahead of you.
And the safety in the On position. fit's in the middle
of the groove.
[Linked Image]

OK and thanks for pointing it out. Positioning on a Nula ML is obviously not the same as the CFs I own. Sooooo, I was wrong and must admit such. When that is the case I accept it and move on.

Still not going to hang my rifle over the edge of a slippery stand, just to take a picture, but then again I've had a 26foot high stand go to hell and I had the pleasure of riding it to the ground, so my outlook on such is a little jaded. Walked away after a bit, but have little inclination to test fate twice when it isn't necessary.

I also can't see the reasoning to soak my rifle-s/s or not-for the purpose of demonstrating the girth of a fish, but it's not my rifle nor one I plan on buying so I don't care.
Goalie,

Its pretty obvious what you were making reference too.

Like him or not, that's a low comment, any way you slice it.

I got no use for folks that try to make hay out of another man's tragedy.
Posted By: Calvin Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 03/04/12
hoalie,

Much enjoying the long and very [bleep] awkward silence in regards to your "M40" delusions. Let's fuel some more of your precious Imagination and pave the way for you to Pretend. It is in fact a .435BC day,if only for conversation.

[Linked Image]

Groovin' on your sheer and utter cluelessness.

Wow.

Royce,

Don't be so fast to chastise hoalie's 1st Grade Teacher and be in a huff to extract an apology from her,on how she dropped so many balls those years ago...she undoubtedly didn't have much to work with and that fact is only fair to factor into the equation.

Just sayin'.

GW,

'Course it's the same old schit,you Do-Nothing [bleep] are gonna bitch,moan,whine and [bleep] complain...then point fingers at how everything is someone else's "fault". You've the Vagina Monologue down to an exacting Science and it is amazing that you think you can keep your [bleep] tied to the couch and somehow have a [bleep] clue about anything. I'm much obliged for the humor inherent and still groovin' on how stupidity isn't an Act for you. Feel free to revisit the Midol and Vagisil recommendations and thank me later.

You go girl!

cmg,

CM is for Haybale & Crockett affairs in La-La Land. Though a .435BC day,a .625BC assuredly do not suck.

[Linked Image]

As per always it is tough to trump MPAJ and good technique. Kiss,find pressure and rock on...and I do very much enjoy that the Do-Nothing Gang is so reliably stumped,with known quantities...but it IS [bleep] funny. Humor is added when you lead 'em to water and watch 'em not drink,as it sure as schit cracks me up!

Was torn on dumping ISO and stopping down to drag the shutter,so as to catch conditions(only about 10mph or so,quartering to),or shooting WFO at an increased ISO to catch itty-bitty slices of time. Tough call.

1/125 "drag" handheld.

[Linked Image]

1/180 "drag" handheld.

[Linked Image]

Going more static,due to ISO nudge to allow action catchin',though stopped a full stop for increased DOF. 1/1000.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/BigStick/Stuff/Rifle%20Stuff/DAD_1714.jpg[/img]

Trio of 105A-Max in a tidy cluster,given conditions...though hardly [bleep] "surprising". Follow through is everything. Hint.

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/BigStick/Stuff/Rifle%20Stuff/DAD_1721.jpg[/img]

Weather is improving and I'm thinking .242BC's on the next jaunt. Can't wait for the next installment of the things the Do-Nothing Gang nearly did,with wares they nearly had and in the places they nearly went.

Wow.

dang, the old man is onto something there. 105's is the way to go. I've got to swing by and figure out wtf he's doing to that boat now.
Goalie,

Its pretty obvious what you were making reference too.

Like him or not, that's a low comment, any way you slice it.

I got no use for folks that try to make hay out of another man's tragedy.

I've got no use for people who don't show common courtesy to others until they have proven they no longer deserve it. I also have no use for people who abide by such behavior and even encourage it.

I didn't hear anyone saying a damn thing when he called a man who died serving his country names. Not that anyone knew, but, in the end, it shouldn't really matter, should it?

But, yeah, I was making reference to the fact that his family history leads me to believe that he should STFU and spend time with his family instead of acting like a douche to people he doesn'e even know. Anyone who is offended by that, but not by Stick's behavior, well, I wouldn't want to spend time around a real campfire with them anyhow......

Peace. Out.
Posted By: GreatWaputi Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 03/04/12
It's more than obvious he's chasing his own demons, has a huge hole in his soul, and buying trinkets and running people down must somehow fill that void. In a way, I actually feel sorry for the guy. He used to be worth something, but as you stated earlier, any more I wouldn't walk across the street to piss on him if he were on fire.
Posted By: GreatWaputi Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 03/04/12
And I'll save him the trouble...on my way home from Burger King I'm going to stop by the ER and see if I can can get some I.V. Vagicil, then I'll probably go home and sit my [bleep] on the couch.

Film at 11:00

These posts really crack me up. I'd suggest an atlas, and a clue about the range of animals in Alaska. You really need to educate yourself before you try these "gotcha" posts.

Feelings mutual goalie.

Never defended his behavior either. Just think alluding to a dead child moves you light years past anything he's said on this thread.

You played the game and succeeded in making a great [bleep] the victim. He took you right where you wanted to go.
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
And I'll save him the trouble...on my way home from Burger King I'm going to stop by the ER and see if I can can get some I.V. Vagicil, then I'll probably go home and sit my [bleep] on the couch.

Film at 11:00

That's funny, I don't care who you are.

smile
OK and thanks for pointing it out. Positioning on a Nula ML is obviously not the same as the CFs I own. Sooooo, I was wrong and must admit such. When that is the case I accept it and move on.

Still not going to hang my rifle over the edge of a slippery stand, just to take a picture,

thanks Battue,

The rifle was laying in the corner (cutting the corner so to speak) of a wrap around shooting rail. I didn't move it to take a picture, It sat there all day. Eastern Montana winds couldn't have blown it off that rail, but I will hang it the next time pointing up.
Posted By: Shag Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 03/04/12
Originally Posted by Lawdwaz

Why the [bleep] not?

[Linked Image]

Oh hell yea!! Nice Buck! Great looking Muzzleloader! What kind of accuracy can a guy expect outa Nula front stuffers?
Posted By: MadMooner Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 03/04/12
Awesome,
Moved right past the Forbes to tanks, Tonkas, trees, and the fact that 'tween Christmas and St. Patrick's, Stick has a lot of free time as there ain't much call for little people after Santa has left the mall and leprechauns come callin.

Rollin, cryin, laughin,....................
Just think alluding to a dead child moves you light years past anything he's said on this thread.

We'll agree to disagree. When he said this:

Who is the cross-eyed slut peering through the microscope at the beach?

he was basically saying "say or do anything back to me, because I am truly the biggest douche you will ever meet."

Anyhow, if you didn't publicly call out Boxer for his actions in this thread, maybe you should STFU when it comes to calling me out.

[bleep] you jarhead.

I'll say what I want. GFY.

You never mentioned who that was, much less that he was deceased until I took issue with your comment.

No way anyone could have known that. Your comment on the other hand was made with full knowledge of what had taken place.

If you can't see the difference there you're just lying to yourself.
[bleep] you jarhead.

I'll say what I want. GFY.

That's cool. I just don't GAS what you say, considering your silence earlier.

Hope you have a great day. smile
I warned you what he did for entertainment on his off time. Most here know Stick and I ain't bud's either.

But you went ahead and bit his hook and got hauled aboard. You went low with that comment.

No one made u type that but you.

And now you want to blame me? Laffin'

Enjoy Stick's stye, I'm going to do something constructive.
In response to a post that was deleted:

I can't fault someone for hunting what they have locally, killing all time B&C animals, and not wanting to travel 1000+ miles to hunt animals that aren't as fun as the ones locally. I spent 12k+ on AK DIY hunts last year, and it took 30 days of my time away from home. I'm staying home to pound on the local stuff for awhile.

I think Brad hunts locally. Brad, where are your all-time B&C critters you've killed locally? You'd think with your "dedication" and backpacking "skills", you could put your name in the book almost annually, like some of the other posters on this forum? You do live in Montana, right? If you're going to stay local, you might as well be good at it, right?

Or, tell us about your Big Fin-esq hunts in the western United States in a variety of states, that can be done cheaper than what Boxer can hunt the species you mentioned? Tell us about the tags you put in for every year..

And one more thing for the clueless Brad.. who knocks on Boxers moose. I'd like my odds to kill 3 60"+ moose in a good area, before I'd find 1 dink like Boxer killed, in the unit he killed it in. That's just reality.
Not blaming you for anything JM. I said what I said, and I damn sure meant what I said. I have no reason to believe he is any different at home than he is here. Not one.

As for the midget's eye, well, that ignore button has been working quite well.

And I was sincere, have a great day. smile
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
Life is good here.

These things are shooting BC .710.
[Linked Image]

Shane,

Funny how things change,as there was a time when I shot very damned few Hornady offerings,but their line has so changed,that now they by and large are stealing the show. As per always,boolits matter more than headstamps,but currently I really don't have that many wares geared to digest a .30's .710BC and nestle mag confines with a kiss. Coming full circle back to a 20 in .473" and it's 3" box,I'd not be afeared to whirl a 30-284 twisted 10" (even though I shoot 11.25/7's and 12's too) and throated in accords to it's mag latitude,for upper echelon BC's.

You may wanna go the Aussie route and feed your s/a with Alpha 2 DBM's,to getcha' where you need to be and field a repeater both. Their inlet is rather close to Marty's M4,requiring but modest massaging in the magwell,but not so in the actual footprint. Much prefer it's latch to the M5's and it ships with (2) different sizes,to suit whim.

[Linked Image]

Noone loves blind mags more than I,but sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do,to get to the Finish Line. Will drag along my Rock barreled 308 today,if only for giggles.

'24,

Much enjoy your Pretending to Ignore,followed by an attempt at a PM. You Do-nothing [bleep] take Douchedom to aspiring new heights,by the [bleep] minute. Feel free to reel in your gay,though your taste in men isn't to be slighted...you really need to put a damper upon your Estrogen fueled desires.

[Linked Image]

Wow.

cooperfan,

I never was into fluff polishing and haven't the time nor inclination to suffer gear that won't reliably take a good lick from the weather. Still hearing good things about taped muzzles,empty chambers and lotsa trigger time.

Meat Runs is a hoot.

[Linked Image]

'175,

No doubt,CM is the biggest Show Stopper that can befall a serious rifle.

DINK,

It's fun to allow the Do-Nothing Gang all the slack they can handle,so they can shoot their mouths. It ain't like they can afford boolits.

Laffin'!

Calvin,

He's having new masts built and redoing a portion of his deck,to land same upon. Out with the galvanized steel,in with aluminum.

Curiously enough,the correlation to CM and S/S in places that make weather,fall under like upgrades. Though of course,"upgrade" is a gross understatement and will stump Window Lickers.

GW,

The Demon Rifle(Lucifer) is old news...see what all you miss,keeping that [bleep] of your's perpetually tied to the couch?!!?

[Linked Image]

Admittedly,I'm enjoying your Imagination,[bleep] nearly as much as you are.

Bless your heart.

'Mooner,

For just an average titty-sized blonde,you've a fair sense of humor. Groovin' on your hard chargin' pics,keep 'em coming.

Laffin'!

Burger King Brad,

You've the voice of an Angel and a much aged whine.

Brad At The "Office"

Congratulations?

hoalie,

"Ignore" ain't doing you any more favors than Imagination or Pretend is,but it's tough to top the humor inherent! The "M40" schit is EPIC and points awarded for the cross-eyed drooling slut.

So as to preclude you from yet again getting the cart in front of the horse,you'll wanna follow this simple Guideline:

"You'll wanna start by [bleep] yourself...because you will get FAR more puzzy".

You go girl!

Sad really...
Brad,

You ain't doing Burger King Recruitment any favors,with your track record.

Laffin'!

The Laboratory turned a touch more white...and 105's breaking 2900fps do not suck.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

The Rock barreled 308 still shoots knots.

[Linked Image]

One more jaunt,to chrono a couple different tweaks on a few wares and hopefully that'll be enough time for you to fire your Imagination right the [bleep] up and help you polish your Pretend.

Film at 11:00 and bless your heart.

Stick, '17 and the 105s?
Posted By: Lawdwaz Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 03/05/12
Originally Posted by Shag
Originally Posted by Lawdwaz

Why the [bleep] not?

[Linked Image]

Oh hell yea!! Nice Buck! Great looking Muzzleloader! What kind of accuracy can a guy expect outa Nula front stuffers?

1" to 1.5" easy. Some guys, probably better. Nice, light & accurate. Great for a tree stand. <grin>
I hate heavy and bulky muzzle loaders. That looks perfect for us that have no state land rifle season!
Posted By: SamOlson Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 03/05/12
Crank it up.

High quality link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnnHprUGKF0&feature=fvwrel
Posted By: KDK Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 03/05/12
Nice, Sammo!
Posted By: JohnMoses Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 03/05/12
But do you like his sausage ?

Lol
You call that chit sausage?
Posted By: Boxer Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 03/05/12
Stick, '17 and the 105s?

W/W hulls,200's,moly 105A-Max/HPBT(Hornie),'17 and a smile.

The blueprint will be yet another trendsetter and then some.
Posted By: KDK Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 03/05/12
But do you like his sausage ?

Lol

Not in the same way you do, JM. sick (Just messing with ya, man!)
Posted By: Tanner Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 03/05/12
How have the HPBTs done thus far?
They are slick and have done nice things. For some reason,I look for them to star in a buncha Hero Pics this year.

Funny how that works.
A .530 BC ain't hard to love! May sling some 87 HPBTs at some mulies, but 85 TSX are tough to leave at home.
How have the HPBTs done thus far?

[Linked Image]

They've been working good for me on coyotes the past couple months. A little hard on fur at 3050fps........they shoot good, as do the 105 scenars and 115 VLD's. 6 Creedmoor, 22" Bartlein twisted at 1-7.7".
Thanks Pat. Interested to see what an 87 of like construction does on game. That dog hates your GAP laugh
Magpul PRS I assume? You driving a fixed gas block or adjustable? How heavy of a buffer and spring?

This gun is over gassed,despite a leaking DPMS block(fit is sloppy on every .750" shank I've slipped it upon) and a 3.4oz buffer makes me a bit nervous.

Stock,buffer,block,spring swap this morning as curiousities. May go Slash,for the buffer.
Posted By: Stickfight Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 09/07/20
Was cool until they said E.R.Shaw.
Posted By: Tejano Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 09/14/20
My 6.5x55 shoots well and is easy to find a load for it. No problems with the barrel.
Posted By: DropTyne Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 09/14/20
The only issue I have had with the barrel of my Forbes is it is the hardest barrel I have ever tried to clean. It's a sub-moa gun with every load I have shot through it, but man the barrel gets dirty. However, it doesn't seem to have an adverse effect to accuracy between cleanings.

I just applied DBC a few weeks ago, so hopefully I have solved that issue.

I would love to find an early Model 20B with a jeweled bolt.
Posted By: AKwolverine Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 09/14/20
Originally Posted by CarolinaHunter

I would love to find an early Model 20B with a jeweled bolt.

I’m not sure that beast exists. IIRC they had switched to fluted bolts by the time the 20B was introduced. I know for certain there were no stainless barrel/jeweled bolts.
Posted By: Borchardt Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 09/15/20
Originally Posted by MadTrapper375

I have a late .280AI, I guess it has an E.R.Shaw barrel, it shoots everything I have tried into 1/2" or so at 100 yards and feeds reliably. I was going to send it to Melvin, but it shoots so good, I will save the money for something else.
Posted By: DropTyne Re: Forbes 24's are here! - 09/15/20
AK,

You may be correct. I can't remember the exact time-line of events when the 20Bs were released. I got my 24B prior to the fluting in 2013, and luckily it turned out to be one of the good ones before their quality went south. I remember there seemed to be delays with the stainless models, and not sure if the LH models ever got released.
Originally Posted by Borchardt
Originally Posted by MadTrapper375

I have a late .280AI, I guess it has an E.R.Shaw barrel, it shoots everything I have tried into 1/2" or so at 100 yards and feeds reliably. I was going to send it to Melvin, but it shoots so good, I will save the money for something else.

To each their own, but I am not going to take my chances with a shaw barrel when there are a lot better options.
© 24hourcampfire