Originally Posted by rj112275
The newer Meopro HD 8x42 compare very will with Swaro 8x42 SLCs. I'd be curious if the 15x are as good... at a nice price range. Meopta is doing it right.

A few weeks ago I looked at the Cabela's Euro 15x, Swaro 15x, and Nikon 16x. I wasn't ready to purchase, just curious, so I never took them outside under difficult lighting conditions. But still, I found the Swaros noticeably better than the other two.

Originally Posted by 4th_point
Went to the local Cabela's last week and briefly looked thru some binos... 16x Monarch 5, 15x EuroHD/Meopta, and 15x Swaros. The young lady at the optics counter offered to take the binos outside but I was limited on time and wasn't ready to buy. Indoors is not a good test of optics but they had a goat display in the far end of the store, in a dark corner.

The Swaros were by far the brightest, with good contrast. The Euros were next best, with the Monarch 5 not far behind. The Euros and Nikons are much more comparable to each other and the Swaros clearly in another class as one would expectgrin

The Monarch 5 was much better than I expected. I'd like to try them all again outside in low light, along with the Minox.