Originally Posted by Ringman
Good post NM......and, like you, even mentioning 7-15x35's in the spirit of this conversation is baffling

I disagree completely. A guy has to start somewhere and the 7-15X35 was my first step up. Like was stated, they opened a whole new world for me. $150 is nothing for a lot of folks here, but it is a 100% commitment to some. In fact some may have to save a couple months or more to get them. I know. I had to save for six months to get something like that at one time.

A guy could roll some Coke bottles in a cardboard tube and call it a "place to start" too....

Just getting in the game doesn't make you a player. There's a reason they make and continue to sell $2500 binocs.... and it ain't because people like paying that kind of dough for "indesernable difference" or because they "look the same to my eyes".

I'd way rather have a set of used mid-grade 8x or 10x glasses for $150 than a set of new switch upower bins with Schitt glass for the same dough. I've got a set of 8x Monarchs that I've run for years.... I bought them outta the classifieds for like $100, I'd take them any day over the 7-15s...

You better pray to the God of Skinny Punks that this wind doesn't pick up......