I have Steiner bighorns, don't know if they even make them anymore. preinternet, a guy had some 10x steiners that were great compared to my nikons. So I went steiner. They're an oddball in the 15 crowd but so am I.

Docter was another I considered, I've since compared the steiners and docters, I like the steiners better but could just be a familiarity issue, the docters aren't optically better.

The old Zeiss 15x60 would be a good one to find. Pretty much will have to find those porros used.

The worst 15s I looked through were the Zeiss 15X45s. The cheap Brunton or Vortex are better. Any of the big objective Roofs I really don't have a comparison. The new Swaros are supposed to fit eyes better, but at 58 I don't see a good return for the money on what years I have left hitting the wilderness hard. What I have is good enough. Like the guy with just one gun that he knows well.

My suggestion for those new to 15s is see if someone you know has a loner pair, go out and try sitting for a few hours looking for animals. It will amaze you or irritate the chit out of ya... then figure which one you want.

Kent