Originally Posted by Ringman
How does one decide the glass is better in one than another? I can tell most of you guys have not compared optics, except on a tree or rocks.

I do it by comparing side by side on deer antlers 131 yards away in the woods and on eye charts 127 yards away. These 7-15X35 showed more detail than my Minox 13X56, but fell behind the Minox 15X58. When I compared them with some Swarovski 8.5X outside the store on an eye chart, it took a couple more X's to see more detail, but the glass is good enough to beat the Swaro 8.5X by merely turning up the magnification.

I will not argue that the view in the Swarovski's is not stunning. They were one of the few optics to give me the "WOW!" The other two were the first time I looked through a surveyor's glass when I was about eighteen and the other was when I first looked through the then new Bushnell 4200 4-16X.

LMAO! Are you being serious? Thats an honest question too...

Personally, if you can't tell on your "eye charts" or on deer antlers at less than 150 yards then step up and try to count growth rings on sheep at 3/4 mile while trying to decide if he has 15" bases or if they are closer to 15 1/2" bases or try to field judge a mule deer or elk to within inches from a mile or more away. Try doing this when light is not optimal or early or late. You should be able to tell instantaneously on your "eye chart" at 127 yards but after you visit your optometrist step on out to big country and you'll figure out really quick that you essentially brought a soup spoon to a gun fight with your 7-15x35's and your Swarovski rifle scope.

Your opinions on optics are so far removed from anything logical I have to believe you are joking