The 15 faction was birthed here in Az for specifically finding hard to see deer in very rough country. My description of coues hunting is a poor man's sheep hunt. The advantage of glassing miles of country then formulating a stock for shot is self evident in my pictures.

Glassing with big binos for extended periods produces more results than with higher powered spotting scopes. I personally don't know anyone specifically using a scope in the same context.

Obviously there is plenty of country a 15 wouldn't work, but it can be used in some mule deer, elk, bear country and pronghorn no doubt.

So if the type area you hunt will benefit from 15s, can you stick with it until you are proficient. That truly is the hardest part. Of the guys I grew up hunting with and still hunt with, I'm the only glasser.

Even when two years ago I went with my buddy I've known since 7 years old, killed my first buck with years ago. He was drawn for the same unit, I went with him first morning and immediately glassed a big muley that he blew the shot on... even though he thought it was great what I can do, he doesn't want to do it himself.

I'm hesitant to tell folks, buy a 15, when I know most won't follow through because it doesn't fit their personality.

Kent