Originally Posted by ingwe
And there are those cretins amongst us that consider birds a source of white meat, a welcome change in the diet, and prefer to transition them into biomass by the most expeditious way possible. .....

All due respect sir, and I do hope this missive finds that Sir Rommel is taking good care of you and yours...

Early in my relationship I had to correct my dear wife when discussing plans for our evening repast one fine day. I suggested that we (especially ME) needed some "meat". She replied "but we just had chicken last night". As much as I hate to correct my dear wife wink , I had to inform her that anything what flies, and/or has feathers and lays eggs, the edible portion of said critter is "poultry", as one does not find it in the "meat counter" but in the poultry section of any "respectable" grocery. Or perhaps it might could be called "fowl".

Meat, in my dictionary, implies fur or hair, and generally walking/running about on FOUR legs. (At least in non survivalist times)

Fish is fish, critters with scales or maybe not in the case of catfish.

Lobster, crab, mussels, oysters, etc fall into the generalized category of "shellfish"

Lizard, snake, and frogs and such, while certainly tasty on occasion could possibly be considered "meat". (I'll have to check on the innanet)

Please forgive my "correction" Poobah. I know it was possibly only an "oversight" in your typing.

Respectfully,

Geno

PS, I'm not so sure about us being cretins? Malcontents, dysfunctional squirrels definitely , but cretins? Well sir, I do not own a .270, I thoroughly enjoy my metric caliber and other "oddball" firearms, and I love dogs, and fishing, and Cowboy hats perched on a fine figure. I therefor respectfully request to be left out of this "cretin" cabal. Include me in other groups at your convenience and to your satisfaction.

PPS, expeditiously transitioning fine tasting critters into edible biomass is a good thing for the environment. Keep up the good work. Less lead floating around out there.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?