Originally Posted by Paddler

Good question. I carry a blunt with me while hunting elk in case I run into a grouse, want to practice estimating range, etc. I've killed one with it. I killed one with a rock once, too. Those were incidental kills while pursuing other game, scouting, etc. In my view that's a very different scenario than riding around in an ATV with a revolver loaded with bird shot specifically intending to pot shoot grouse. It's also more difficult to kill a grouse with a bow than the way that fellow killed his.

Regarding your last point, I came here after the UCC shooting to float a plan to help reduce gun violence. The very first response was to call me a traitor, the second was GFY, etc. Your suggestion assumes the guys here are reasonable, thoughtful individuals. Their behavior doesn't support that assumption.

Lots of assumptions here.

Did I miss the part where 357 shot shells were mentioned?

Most of us shoot grouse with solids. JHP or hard cast from a hand gun. Usually I use a Ballistic Tip from a rifle.

Just for educational purposes, a hundgun loaded with shot shells is pretty effective on a snake's head at six feet, but will typically bounce off of a bird's feathers at fifteen yds.

Don't you have some more gun control agenda to advocate somewhere?

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.