There's an ecological bent to that question too. Around here, as you know from living nearby, there is excellent smallmouth bass fishing on the Snake River. It just so happens that there are endangered salmon smolts, along with their non-endangered cousins, in the river at various times of the year. What do smallmouth like to eat? and yet, some of the bass fishers would never consider keeping any smallmouth, especially a large one that just loves to eat smaller (endangered?) fishes.

And our fisheries agency PAY people to fish for native pikeminnow, which the salmon co-evolved with (assuming evolution of course).

Ah, the old "irrelevance" ploy, it works when one doesn't have an anwer I guess.

Have a nice evening, they're about to "blow taps" here (day is done....) and I do actually have some work to do before my relief comes in at 1800.

Geno

PS, for those readers wondering, smallmouth fillets laid in a greased baking pan, slathered with some Mayo, and sprinkled with paprika, baked until flaky, are delicious. Also great deep fried for fish and chips. Help out a salmon! Eat a smallmouth.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?