Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
Originally Posted by Taco280AI
Never understood the cost argument for a hunting bullet. The bullet is the cheapest thing on your hunt. Gas costs more, food, clothing, tag, every single piece of gear... why fuss over the cost of a bullet?

Partition

So, by your logic, you must go out of your way to find the gas station charging the most for gas, and fill up your vehicle there. Good job?

I have no idea how you came to that conclusion, it makes no sense. The only way your logic makes sense is if I were to skip a store that sells Partitions for $25 a box and bought the exact same Partitions from a different store for $35 a box (dollar amounts just for example). Good job on your logic.

What I'm talking about is two different products, not the same product at a different price, like your logic states.

To put it simply, how much do you spend on an elk hunting season? Anywhere from $50 if it is in your back yard to up to or beyond $10,000? What is the point on going cheap on a bullet to save money? Yeah, that $0.30 cents you saved sure made a difference. Good job? But in all reality you don't just shoot one, but how about a $27 box of bullets (100ct) vs $33 box (50ct)? And assume you shot 50 before the season. You saved $20 total in bullets. Big deal. I'd take the premium over the standard on elk - not for how it flies but what it does to the elk.