Originally Posted by MolonLabe41
A few years back I tried the 140 grain nosler/winchester silver tips and 162 grain Amax with some reloads out of my 7RM on Pennsylvania whitetail deer. I harvested 3 deer that year, two with the ballistic tips and one with the Amax.

All three were DRT

The two does I shot with the Silver tips were blown to pieces and I caught alot of hell from my wife and father-in-law when we were butchering them on all the meat ruined

I got a buck with the Amax and i don't remember how that one looked I ended up butchering that one myself at our family camp at the time.

I've been using the gmx bullets ever since they came out in the 7mm-08 and Swede and all my kills have been DRT with them thus far as well.

My choices came down to not wanting the wife or little ones consuming all the lead fragments in the meat I was getting from the explosive like bullets and harvesting three deer a year.

I might have to try them again I guess for my own results out of the 08 and swede to see how bad they're there. I will never use them out of the 7 mag again though. The one doe I shot that year was on the run through a thicket and I hit it a little high and center. Looked like I hit it with a hand grenade is my father in laws exact words were. Literally blew intestines out the side in between softball size and basketball size hole.

No wonder you had to butcher the last one yourself. Your father in law probably said "screw you as he shook his head and walked away", "Next time buy a real bullet, like a damn Partition!!!!!!"... Is that kind of how it played out? whistle

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA