Most guys don't brag about the ones that limp off. Half the time they don't even look for blood if something didn't hit the dirt before it made the timber.

I have know doubt that happens to some so-called hunters,internet warriors and those that don't do the net, especially the long range commando's.Bullet type makes know difference to a complete idiot.

The difference around here for the locals I was talking about is that they spend the year in the woods working and playing and have hunted since day one with daddy and don't get the spook or the high spike in blood pressure when they see something move,again this has nothing to do with bullets or construction.

The question was....." My wife is hunting cow elk with a 270 win. should I load a 150gr nosler partion or 140gr hornady btsp?."

Well,I have hunted with the .270 Win for 50 some years and used about every bullet out there at one time or the other,it never misses a hunt.I still have my '50's Win Mod 70 and another.My choice has always been 130 grain bullets..Tried several 150 grain and didn't care for them but I do like the .277 140 grain Trophy bonded.

My to go bullets in my .270's was and is the Sierra and Nosler,both 130 grain but more so the Nosler and if I was out of bullets or ammo for the .270,I would just go buy a box of Remington 130 grain Core-Lokts and go hunting.