Having been a Nosler(premium bullet) internet whore since having internet I have done an about face into reality.While the bullet is important,and it is I can only think years back when countless hunters and friends could not wait for the K-Mart hunting season specials where you could buy a box of ammo for $7-10 bucks and be on your way.

We found some worked better than others and Cor-Lokts was then and still today very effective as were the old bronze points and silver tips.Because of reloading laziness,I have been using 180 Core-lokts in my '06.I have not been disappointed.

Never been a fan of the Hornady bullets probably because i haven't used them much or seen them personally used as Hornady ammo wasn't a popular on the shelf choice in my region.Winchester and Remington were the bargains that worked.

After having shot my first big game with a 420 grain cast a while back, that you were supposed to be able to eat right up to the hole concept,my opinion has changed.That cast at a modest velocity out of my 45-70 did more meat damage than most bullets I have ever used.It hit a good bone and the inside looked like a grenade went off.

I have so many Noslers on hand to reload for a bunch of calibers and if I had it to do over, I would probably just buy over the shelf Core-lokts and forget it and save a bunch of money and time.They have always done there job in my case since I first started using them to many years ago..

Contrary to just about every thing I have ever posted on the internet previously about bullets,realistically the most game I have seen killed and killed msyself, has been with non-premium bullets.

Bullet failure when an animal is dead is non-existent,the bullet kilt the game so it did it's job!

JMO