Originally Posted by WyoCoyoteHunter
toad, I saw that, but sometimes my computer screws up my spelling also.. Have a good one.. Maybe we will all be trying our favorite bullet on elk this month.. Shoot straight and have a great hunt..

That's the main thing right there. Even if it's a bullet we've never tried, it's good. It's called learning experience. If it doesn't perform like we thought it should, we can always try something different the following year. Some guys have done that and probably like myself find themselves doing a full circle and coming back to the old tried and true Nosler partition.... However, I still use the 250gr. sierra GK in my 338 win mag. Drops them dead (most times in their tracks). I've had core separations where the core keeps sailing clean thru and the jacket is found on the offside hide. No magic mushroom to be found or perfect bullet to look at, but the same can be said for most partitions I've shot: Don't recover them too often. I do have 1 partition (30 cal 180gr.) somewhere around here that was found in an elk (fired from my 30-06), it wasn't picture perfect but the bull was dead. When I think of perfect bullet, this is what I want to see:

1. Minimal blood shot meat.
2. No shrapnel left inside the animal.
3. Animal doesn't get blown to shreds. Yes I've seen it here when guys post those pictures of softball sized exit wounds. Not for me and that's not what I want my bullet to do.
4. Stabalize well in my rifle and shoot accurately.
5. Open/expand well.
6. Create humane kills...AKA critter dies as quick as possible (DRT).

Good luck to you elk hunters. Shoot straight and be safe..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA