Originally Posted by Taco280AI
Originally Posted by southtexas
How about this logic: If for the conditions that I hunt (animal size, range, impact velocity, etc) premium bullets offer no advantage over standard cup and core bullets, why should I pay a premium for something I don't need?

By the same logic,my pickup runs fine on standard unleaded, why would I pay for higher octane gasoline.

That makes perfect sense. For me with elk I'd go with a premium vs cup and core because I'd rather prepare for the worst case shot. But if it were a smaller animal and not at a super high impact velocity, doesn't matter so much.

a [bleep] shot is a [bleep] shot not even the best bullets out their are going to make up for a "worse case shot scenarios" I have a buddy that killed a 9 foot bear on Kodiak using ... Drum roll please... 225gr hornady interlocks. For most folks hunting for bears on Kodiak is a life long dream anyhow one shot one dead ass bear... Don't get me wrong I like partitions but I like accubonds even more but if the hornady, speer will shoot better than any of those then I will use regular old hornady's or speers.

Last edited by 79S; 10/05/15.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.