Well I have to side with you colorado on the B-tips....

I have been a devout partition shooter for elk until the many credited accounts of how the B-tips really behave in game bigger than deer, so I decided to give'em a go on elk.... I am impressed to say the least.

Last night in the fleeting light of the evening a small bull exploded from a hedge of brush about 80 yards along a STEEP draw to join the small batch of cows I was watching in an opening with hopes a bull would do just what he did.

First bullet hit mid chest and sent steam an chunks of elk out the opposite side of the chest with an 1-1/2" exit hole and made him wobbly but still mobile. As he headed back toward the steep draw, a second B-tip BROKE his off side shoulder with a HARD angled last rib to shoulder shot that toppled him right at the crest of the draw, very dead. The load, 58.5 grains of H4831 with a m.v of 2850-ish from my 22 inch Ruger barrel... Thank you mule deer wink

I recovered the second bullet under the hide and the core fell out of the jacket as I did. Bullet failure, I think not cool

happiness is elbow deep in elk guts.
NRA life member