The way Rcamuglia runs his .264 WM, he's nipping at the heels of the 26 Nos and with less case capacity. He's using RL-33 instead of 869 or 872 like I use in my 26. I'm burning a good bit more powder for only marginal gains over his top loads. I know, I know, case capacity rules but there are limits on how much one can squeeze out of a round. Some accuse him of running excessive pressure, but he seems to know what he's doing. I've pushed the 26 to pressure signs without that much gain in performance.

It seems to me, as overbore capacity increases, efficiency drops and reloading for top performance in some of those mega rounds can become a challenge. Data I've seen from even bigger 6.5's isn't as impressive as case capacity would indicate. The new 6.5 Wby edges the 26 Nos by a little, burning more powder and using freebore. The 6.5 RUM and STW are more examples of diminishing returns, IMO.

I know 7 mm's with similar case capacities aren't as overbore as 6.5's and probably not as finicky.

I noted all that to say, the 28 Nosler premium in performance over the 7 mm Mizzum comes at a price some may be unwilling to pay. I can't argue with that...

DF