Originally Posted by MontanaMan

What's the weight of that rig?

MM

MM. I dunno because I have not weighed it....but I can tell handling it that it is more than my 7-7.5 pound 270's;less than my M70 Classic in 7RM.I am guessing it at 8-8.25.I also can tell it will not break me down.Not sure I would want it any lighter.

bwinters:I think Brad is right....you gotta be a nut case to build one.... smile

Given all the 7 mags out there,and the STW being pretty much the same thing,it is pretty hard to justify unless you are wedded to the notion that you just want something different, and want to have some fun,while getting a tick up in velocity.Will it matter on anything you shoot?I doubt it...Will it wok really well?We all know the answer to that.....it will work splendidly.Twoof the most prominent riflemen/hunters of the 20th century used it everything from Asian Mountain game,to grizzlies,sheep,elk, moose, etc.gene said he loved that long 175 gr at high velocity,said it would penetrate like crazy..

It is probably as rational as building a 280 AI grin But hell, the fireform loads do what a 280AI or factory 7RM loads will do,in a rifle configured about the same.....with the Mashburn, that's the warmup smile

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.