Originally Posted by gzig5
What are the options for 7 Mashburn dies? Is RCBS the only game in town and what do they get for a set? I missed a set on ebay that went for $33 because I wasn't there to bid :-(.

Does anyone rent this reamer and if not, is there a smith with one that would long chamber a barrel that I would finish? I'd prefer to do everything myself but the parts for this caliber are not generally available. Buying a new one is an option as well.

gzig: Dies are made by RCBS and have been for quite some time,although they tend today to be a special order whereas a few years ago they were on the shelf. Nevertheless they can be had in a few weeks.

RCBS makes not only the FL die set, but also the Form/Trim dies for forming brass.

My friend and I sent fired cases to Redding to have dies made,and Redding had never made them so I guess ours were the first sets they made.

For forming cases from 300 Win Mag, Redding did not feel a F/T die was required,the FL die being sufficient for initial case forming. Guess I can't argue with that, but I still use my F/T dies. I've done it both ways.

The cost for dies from either source is about $150 bucks last time I checked.

As to reamers I know there are smiths out there who could do a barrel. Gene Simillion built mine,and has a reamer and I think he'd be happy to chamber a barrel. I know Dave7mm on here had his smith do a rifle. Dave's smith has the reamer but I don't know who he is.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.