Originally Posted by 7 STW
Why the 175gr Bob?

Mike as you know,about everything in 7mm works good in a big 7,provided bullet structure is suited to the task.This leads to a lot of jumping around smile One bullet for a bunch of tasks has its' appeal.I have used the 140 and 160 a good deal in the past,but not the 175.

I won't stick strictly to the 175(I'm taking 160's to Wyoming),but keep in mind that it certainly has a lot going for it....a high BC,noted for deep penetration,reliable expansion,and suited to anything you can use a 7mm on.

Plus this cartridge(in truth most all 7 mags) starts it fast enough to qualify it for long range(at least my brand of long range)on about anything.....its' trajectory started at 3050 matches pretty closely to that of a 300 Weatherby 180 Partition started at 3150-3200 or so.Flat shooting and hard hitting enough for any rational purpose and still manageable.

I also have a bunch of 160 and 175 BBC's that I will use.And none of this prevents me from using a TSX,etc. I even have a box of 150 Etips downstairs smile

Last edited by BobinNH; 10/04/10.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.