Originally Posted by BobinNH
Swell. Point being "what"? You said noting I didn't know years ago.

So what if they are more "efficient"? They are also "slower".

You can read theory until the cows come home. If you want to move a 175-180 gr 7mm bullet at 3100+ fps from a 24-26" barrel (what I wanted) you can toss silly formulas out the window. You need capacity.The 280AI and 7 Rem Mag are also rans.

Ask Rick Camuglia and Dave 7mm what they think about the Mashburn when it comes to moving heavy 7mm bullets.

If I want to throttle back, I get 280AI velocities from my FF loads before I reach full Mashburn potential. Good for playtime and making cases.

I have had a slew of 7 Rem Mags and have shot out more barrels chambered for it than many have owned.

The 280AI interests me about as much as nothing and is a solid step in reverse. If i want one i can build/buy one tomorrow. I don't.

Reading QL is fine for home entertainment. Try chambering barrels and shooting.

Sorry if my optimization algorithm offended you.
I own two 7mmREMMAG reamers and have chambered a number of rifles with them; Rem700, 98 Mauser, and Mosin Nagant.
Factory rifles 7mmRM; Ruger #1, Browning 1885, Sav 110, Rem700.
I have a bunch of 7x57 and 7mmBR gear too.
I am in the process of of chambering more 7mmRemMag rifles right now.
I build a lot of rifles with a lot of different cartridges, but I kill the most animals with 7mmRM. I consider it to be the most power, range, and accuracy for the average shooter in a 10 pound package.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps