Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
My parents spent umpteen thousand dollars so that I can now tell anyone who asks what the Latin binomial of Douglas fir is, or that "biloba" is the only species in the genus ginkgo. Quercus is the oak genus and aspirin (salicylic acid) comes from the bark of willow trees, genus Salix.

This information has helped me earn exactly $0.00 in the last 40 years but hey, thanks, Mom and Dad!

Btw, I enjoyed having sex with college girls, too! wink

well, i don't hardly know what to say. honestly, i never had sex with a college girl, although i know that's it's probably pretty good.

pinus taeda, pinus elliotti, pinus strobus, and even pinus virginiana can be used as input to help one make a good living. but, on the other hand, plenty of folks don't choose to follow the path.

right now, we should be thankful for the red chi-coms and their willingness to recycle paper product and ship it back to the US.. we are in a global economy afterall.

but don't ever dare get a degree in forest management, marketing & utilzation unless you believe in it, or someone else is footing the bill.

forget the underlying eco=system that supports everything humans do or want to accomplish on the Earth. it's all for free, just go out there and make money. afterall, that's what it's all about, right?