Not my son Gus....

I have a medical background, so I have been advising my son...

his route is he first got an EMT certification at 18, and then state won't let people work as one until 21...he went thru and now is an adviser to an Explorer Post sponsored by a Paramedic and Air Ambulance outfit....

he has been working on getting his Paramedic license via an Associates Degree right now....

still following my advise, he is wrapping that up and will be working toward a BS in Healthcare Management....

from there he'll decide whether to get a Masters in the Healthcare Management end, or go for Physician's Assistant School...or may do both...

I pass on, that if getting degrees in the right stuff is worth his time.. diversify them but make them related in the same field...the Medical Field is going to allow job security where ever he desires to go in life, and with the government's nose in it, there will be no end for the need of Health Care Management types....

we are also making sure, he isn't saddled with a huge education debt, and he is taking things that make him all the more employable and desirable.....

My son was a Straight A student and also an Eagle Scout... and volunteers as a teaching aid, when he has the time to do so...

So I've raised him right, but also he responded well to it...

some kids do the exact opposite of what their parents advise them to do, just to cater to an identity crisis and insecurities...that certainly hasn't changed over the years...