I got an Associates degree in what was formally called Law Enforcement in 1979. I spent 32 years as an LEO. I have since picked up enough credits for a second Associates degree. With GI Bill I have never had to owe one penny for a college loan. I will never see a Bachelors degree. It's too late for me. Between my retirements and my current job I'm making more money than I ever imagined.

I would highly recommend that a student do the Community College route before ever going to a 4 year institution. If you have rich parents that is one thing, if you have GI Bill go for it. If you have neither, start with a 2 year degree and then move on to a 4 year if you think you have found your niche.

It seems math is the key to success. If you can do math you can do anything. If you can't do math, learn to weld, fix airplanes or big trucks but stay away from the 4 year school because you will only end up owing a lot of money for very little return. I chose to be an LEO. It paid off for me.

By the way, I tell every young person who wants to be a Cop, to forget it. There are too many risks and not enough rewards. IT is where it's at now. My son is a CAD drawer with an Associates degree and is making twice the money I ever made at his age. He's not an Engineer but he is the next thing to it. He's not good in math either. AutoCAD does all the math for him.
kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.