Yes, mostly,

Fisheries degree, emphases in Marine Fisheries and Aquaculture. Not working in either of those.

Do work in the fisheries field though. Didn't go to college for a second "career" to end up working in a "job" I didn't like. First "career" in a long string of jobs was not what I ever planned on doing and although it paid well, I didn't like much about it, including working indoors, in a city.

Like others have mentioned, the fish and wildlife, forestry, and related careers pay crap at first, seasonal jobs, temporary appointments, low pay, etc. At 40+ it was tough, but I knew by then that money wasn't everything. Now, 20 years after graduation I "do OK". Not getting rich, but live outside of town, work outdoors a lot, see lots of country, work with some cool fish, etc. Can't see advancing much more as it would mean "admin work" and not much dealing with fish. Oh well, guess I'll probably not die rich and as the song says..

"I've never seen an armored car in a funeral yet."

Rather be doing this than sitting at a desk in a "cube"

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?