DRT does not always require a CNS hit is a fact.

The problem lies in the fact that you can't always get a DRT without a CNS hit.

You can sometimes. Heck I"ve seen em gut shot fall over and never leave that spot...

This fall I shot a buck, trying for the crease, and hit a bit higher than I wanted. It was a longer shot for my rifle.

I wathced the hit, realized what happend,hit high shoulder, over the spine. Put him on the ground bleeding. As I chambered the next round he flopped behind a bush... never got another shot. Until I all of a sudden see him way out of range, walking off licking himself...

Yep, lots of blood. Well most wouold say lots of blood, but enough to trail him to where he finally came out walking...

Yep, the trauma was there to the spine. but not nearly enough to do a dman thing.

He hung around the next 2 weeks just fine, and I didn't want to reshoot in case he had a mild fever..... was doing just fine a monht later when I checked the cameras the last time. He is a trash buck and I'll shoot him opener this fall again...

Thats a reason I"M not overly fond of a shot thats not giving the most leeway in ALL directions for minor misses... for most folks...high shoulder does not give leeway up or forward mostly.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....