Yep I am a large animal veterinarian. If I knew how to use photobucket a picture would be worth a thousand words. Perhaps this fall or if I get down to a cattle operation this spring I could take some photos of some calves and some one else good post some. For me and I repeat my self ....due to the rumen as in the big fermentation vat elk have the diaphragm....the end of the lung field is further towards the animals nose than one would think. The lung field is in negative pressure so the diaphragm will curve inward slightly so there is even less lung area towards the center of the animal. By moving my point of aim foreword towards the head....has helped my harvest events dramatically.If you have any dairy men or even access to a horse get a stethoscope......try to find the heart......left side of the animal. The loudest noise will be DIRECTLY underneath the front leg on most animals.

For meat/ quarter clean up......get two or three large coolers....big enough to hold the whole quarter submerged. Add cold water and a quart or so of white vinegar. Let soak. After a while transfer it to a clean one. Dump out the dirty one and start fresh. Keep rotating like this so the quarters get three soakings. Rub and spray while in the vinegar solution. It lifts an inordinate amount of crap out.....especially hair.

Your pal ANUS.

"Shoot low sheriff, I think he's riding a shetland!" B. Wills