The governors tag in Washington gets abused every year. There was the the guy that was caught spotting elk out of a helicopter which landed close to where they had observed a big bull, the tag holder got out of the heli which took off and he and his guide shot the bull.

Then there was the tag holder that was living in another part of the state that had several guides looking for a certain bull and when they found it out in the national forest off private ground. They called him at his residence, he got in his private jet flew up to the closest airport and was then transported to the site where he killed the bull took pictures with everybody and then returned to the airport to fly to New Mexico for another hunt.

There was also the tag holder that paid a certain guide service to make sure that a particular bull was watched all late summer and if any of the draw tag holders got close to finding it the guides would interfere with them so as not to get close enough to it to take it.

Washington Fish and Game is not going to kill their cash bull tag. They are getting anywhere from $40,000 to $70,000 for these tags. All of these above were investigated but was swept under the table so as not to irritate the Governors tag auction. These guys show up in our mountains with their army's and disrupt everyone elses hunt and don't really give a rats rear end because they are only there to kill a monster bull and have their picture taken, then move on to their next hunt in some other state.

I have personally dealt with some of these guys and they believe that they are above the law because they hold "The Governors Tag". Most of the governors tag holders don't usually do any scouting for a bull. The WDFG shoots video of some of the trophy bulls in the state showing how big of trophy's are available then the winner usually hires some big guide service or local scabs that would turn their mother in for J walking to locate the bulls and sit on them until they can get there to kill it.

The sad thing also is the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation wraps their arms around these guys and say how great they are because of the donations they give them. If I sound bitter against these guys I am, because I have watched them ruin hunts for guys that have waited years for the opportunity to hunt a trophy bull. But because they can come in and "Buy" a tag anytime they want to spend the money screw the working guy.

Writing from the gateway to the great BluMtns in southeastern Washington.

Just remember, "You are the trailer park and I am the tornado". Beth Dutton, Yellowstone.