Originally Posted by smokepole
Only in your little world. It affects one man, he'll pay for his mistake, as he should. If he'd bought the governor's tag in my home state and then had to forfeit it, that wouldn't affect me or other Colorado hunters one bit.

Actually, it would be a good thing for us if he had to forfeit the tag. CP&W would no doubt auction it off again, and make twice the money.

Win/win for us.

It affects all sportsmen when someone violates the game laws. The reason that prosecutors and judges give most often when they don't take game laws seriously is "nobody cares about game laws anyway." And it is attitudes like yours that reinforce that misconception.

I could care less if he pays for his mistake, what motivates me is that his behavior is changed and he stops violating. There is not a thing that suggests to me that his 2007 experience did anything to motivate him to change his behavior.

From what I know of that case, what was in the public record, is that his lawyer fought like hell to get the State to drop the RCW 77 charges and that he was willing to plead to "whatever" to settle the case so long as the RCW 77 charges were dropped.

What this indicates to me is: paying a fine does not matter to him one whit, his reputation doesn't seem to factor in either, BUT IWVC is like Kriptonite to him and that is because a RCW 77 conviction would result in a suspension and that would invoke IWVC.

Last edited by JDHasty; 05/11/16.