Originally Posted by llama2
I am sorry for all the pain some of you have gone through- it sounds like hell to me. I can not say that I can totally relate.

I feel very fortunate that at 57 years old, I am still married ( 36 years) to my first wife. She is the absolute love of my life. She is one of 8 sisters and although some of them are a bit on the crazy side ( bound to be with 8 ); my wife according to the father and the others was the pick of the litter. I totally agree.

We married young ( me 21 and her 19); and if anyone was crazy then it was me. I was in college and on the wrestling team, and was right there with any of the crazy shenanigans that we all participated in. Wrestlers can be a crazy bunch. But she was probably the one that calmed me down, and made me want to calm down.

She has been an angel to me. Absolutely a stunning, gorgeous girl when we married- and I ( and others as well) still see her as that. We were hot blooded in love when we married, and even though the hormones are not racing like they do at that age- we still very much are hot for each other. She was and is a wonderful Mother to our (4) grown children- who absolutely adore her. And she is an awesome Grandmother to our (4) grandchildren.

She means the world to all of our lives, and none of us can imagine life without her. I know I can't. I know that she is the reason that I am what I am today. I will be forever thankful for that.

Sorry to get sappy in this thread, but I adore my wife!

You Sir, have what we all (most anyway) want.

Some people are educated beyond their intelligence.