Usually, when I hit whitetails through both lungs, no matter what I hit them with, they run like a bat out of hell for about 35 yards, and I hear them drop. Never see them drop, the cover is too thick but I hear it.

One time I shot a buck at 10 yards with an arrow, I was 12 feet up in a stand. I put the arrow right through him behind the shoulder, got both lungs. The deer did an about face, like someone stuck him in the ass with a thorn and stood there at full attention, ears cocked. I could see the blood POURING out of the exit wound. He looked around like which way should I sneak out of here, took 3 steps rocking like a boat and fell over.

Another time I shot a buck with a 12 gauge slug at 40 yards, again right behind the shoulder and got both lungs. My son pushed the deer to me on a one man drive, and he was slowly walking past me when I shot him. He was totally oblivious and just kept walking at the exact same pace like nothing happened. I thought I missed but I said no way as I pumped the sluggun ready to shoot again. He walked about 10 steps from where I first shot at that same slow pace and fell over.

Garry
Trump won !!!
Trying to live like a free man in the Communist Republic of New Jersey.
Love your country, distrust your government.
Democrats and the people who vote for them, enemies of America and a free American people