Mallard, I'd like to see a picture of that buck.

Weird thing happened Friday night.. hunting hogs at night, 113 steps, 7.62x39 with a barnes bullet.

Night vision, was trying to make a head shot when the pig may have caught a bit of wind, and started to walk off so I drop down to a low chest shot and push the trigger.

Buddies about 250 yards away watch in the thermal monocular and said they saw the hog start to walk off, heard a pop, and then watched the hog walk, WALK off into the brush like normal.

We found him a bit later, he'd made about 20 yards, broke the front leg low and put a nice size hole in the heart and exited...

I've never seen a pig hit like that just keep walking. I"ve seen deer do it, but never a pig. Once they spook they usually haul it for a bit anyways to cover.

The other one is a BIL story, not so weird as in reaction, but in what the bullet did. He shot a javelina in the head around 70 yards, there was another that was about 20 yards behind it and way off to the left, probably 20 feet left of the first one. First one flopped, second one flopped. Then got up cut a few circles and fell over. First was head just fine, the bullet had to hit the ground, deflect, ricochet and then hit the 2nd one a bit low under the ear, and probably hit the cartoid from the looks of the blood trail...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....