A shot a little spike one year. He walked out with three doe. I shot and the doe took off back the way they had come. The buck bolted about 15 yards and went back to rooting for acorns. He worked his way down hill towards me for about half an hour. Figured I missed him. Finally came back out to where I had a shoulder shot. Bang flop. When I pulled the skin off, the first shot hit a little high and back. Cut one back strap in half but missed the spine. He just kept feeding, guess he thought he got stung by a bee.

Many years ago I had a non hunter friend call me to come get a deer. He was a dumpster diver, scrounger. Coming home he felt a hard thump on his truck. He stopped and got out, but didn't see anything, at first. Then he saw blood on the road and started freaking out. Thought he hit a drunk on the side of the road. As he was walking back to the truck he saw blood dripping out of his tailgate. A deer jumped off the bank and impaled itself on 2X4's he pulled out of a dumpster for firewood, Joe.

I'm not greedy, I just want one of each.

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin