Have seen or been around most all the above. But NOT the deer in the bed of either truck mentioned. Neither the one up the tree, but have seen more than a few run into trees.

Don't really consider much of the stuff mentioned anything but normal sooner or later.

The one thing I"ve seen ONCE, and never again, and this with being around hundreds if not over 1000 deer shot...

Wife and I were harvesting does as fast as we could. A hunter we'd had in had left 2 boxes of 300 wtby 168 ballistic tips. Wasn't turning them down. No way in heck I'd shoot a deer anywhere but the head with those bombs.

So away we went, I think we had 6 or 7 down when we found a doe standing in a gully, couldn't really see her legs or below. Carolyn smacks her in the head like normal, maybe an 80ish yard shot. Deer is gone. I figured that with her in the gully, we'd not see her, all normal. Then she is up and doing a back flip in the air. The weird part is there was no head attached, just teh body and a neck. She was gone again, but showed up with 2 or 3 more complete body flips in the air and then gone.

When we got to the gully to drag her back, there was one strip of hair left, about 1.5 inches wide that kind of had part of an ear base attached, NOTHING else above the ear level at all.

I shot one once with 308 and 168 smks, wasn't weird but kind of funny. Totally took one ear off and it was sitting upright in the sendero all by itself about 10-15 feet beyond where the doe was laying. I've seen parts gone, but never seen an ear sitting upright.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....