I killed a doe and with the greatest desire any non-starving hunter ever had to do so.

I was 16, with a Ben Pearson 57lb recurve and No7 Micro-flite with Bear Broadhead with Razor Blade inserts.

I was in some type of abnormal oak tree just beside a South Texas oak motte. The tree was abnormal as it had normal type limbs rather than being limbless until near the top, as were the trees in the motte, being all tall and skinny and grouped closely together.

I was standing on a limb when the "yearling deer" came in to feed on acorns under me. Was this to be my first deer kill with a bow?

I leaned over after drawing the bow and aimed straight down between its shoulders about 10 feet below before loosing my fingers and letting death go.

The deer ran about 60 feet, looked around and started feeding again. Feeling like I was in the Twilight Zone I looked down and could not see my arrow. I quietly turned and looked again at the feeding deer. No arrow was seen anywhere.

In disbelief, I didnt know what to do.

After a bit the deer laid down and kept looking around. A while later it laid its head down and died. Ecstatic, I climbed down and turned around and was immediately was startled to see my arrow right there sticking up from the ground. One minute it was gone and then it was there.

It had been sticking up straight up at me and the knock had blended in with the in the forest floor.

I had my first big game with a bow, and I was at the beginning a wonderful journey through life and many states and many times of lying awake at night before, during and after hunting season planning many thousands of assaults and ambushes which led to many hours of expectant travel and hunting camps and early mornings and laborious hunts in Gods purple hills and green valleys while hunting deer, turkeys, elk, bear and moose, usually without the reward of the ultimate prize but with enough rare success and expectant faith to keep the desire alive.

Thank you Lord. Jag. [img:left][Linked Image][/img]

Last edited by jaguartx; 03/07/17.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin