Originally Posted by JamesJr
Shotgun....friend bought a new turkey gun, a NEF single shot that wouldn't have weighed 5 pounds, in a 3 1/2 inch 12 guage. I shot it one time. That was one time too many.

For me it's essentially the same thing as above, an H&R Topper in 3.5" 12ga w/English stock. Shot it into a test bbl w/2.25oz 3.5" Turkey loads and my hand went numb for a few seconds.

I've shot both the .378Wby and .416 Wby MKV's in Classic Mark stocks without brakes and they're both brutal. I shot the 378 twice and the 416 twice.

The worst recoiling "session" I ever had was sighting in a 340Wby MKV Fibermark in .340Wby w/250gn factory ammo sans brake. Got it dead on @ 200 and shot a few groups @ 300 to confirm drop as well. 'Bout a box and a half later I had a raging headache. Did this while I worked @ a gun shop in college, I'd sold the rifle to a very good customer going on a Musk Ox hunt and both of us knew he wouldn't get it sighted in properly so the sight in was a condition of the purchase. The guy had some great life experiences and was a masterful story-teller so the abuse was certainly worth it. He had some great stories about growing up only having "scrip" to spend.

Last edited by horse1; 04/23/17.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.