Originally Posted by kellory
I've never understood why someone would let a kid shoot a gun that hurts a man. Any joke that hurts someone just ain't funny.
Scope bites, and torn flesh are just about as funny as an adult arm wrestling a kid and breaking bones.
I'd toss anyone playing those kind of games out of camp. A large part of hunting, is passing on the knowledge and skills. Why would any kid come back to the sport after that? Damage a kid's growing shoulder for a laugh? Not my kind of humor.
I've introduced my kids, and a few neighbor's kids into hunting. Apprenticed 2 and ran them through the hunter safety course as well. The idea of knocking any on them on thier azzes for a laugh, just doesn't seem funny. Just my opinion, YMMV.

100% agree. 22's, 17's 222's and the like. Get em to ignore the pop of the rifle and learn to shoot first, they will learn to ignore the kick later. Start them out with the kick and live with the consequences.

One is alone in a land so vast, there is only the mountains, the wind, and the eyes of God.