Originally Posted by kellory
I've never understood why someone would let a kid shoot a gun that hurts a man. Any joke that hurts someone just ain't funny.
Scope bites, and torn flesh are just about as funny as an adult arm wrestling a kid and breaking bones.
I'd toss anyone playing those kind of games out of camp. A large part of hunting, is passing on the knowledge and skills. Why would any kid come back to the sport after that? Damage a kid's growing shoulder for a laugh? Not my kind of humor.
I've introduced my kids, and a few neighbor's kids into hunting. Apprenticed 2 and ran them through the hunter safety course as well. The idea of knocking any on them on thier azzes for a laugh, just doesn't seem funny. Just my opinion, YMMV.

+1

If I shot something that kicked when I was younger I did it with full knowledge ......

There was always a few %^% holes around that thought it was funny . It was always more then appropriate to put them in their place as I got older. Respect garners respect, some of them did not deserve respect.

F