Originally Posted by 348winchester
what is funny reading this is, I wonder how many folks like me are thinking. I've got that rifle just like his and it doesn't kick that bad. Either folks are shooting a completely different load in their gun then I am or their recoil perception is way off. Now granted the perceived recoil I felt shooting a gun when I was 12 and 40 pounds lighter would be different than now that I'm full grown, but some of these I'm thinking how does a person consider the recoil of a (whatever) harsh.

I've thought the same, but you have to consider that a particular stock fits different people a lot differently, and stock fit can be a huge component of recoil perception. I wonter too, if there might not be, in every caliber/gauge a "sweet spot" with regard to projectile weight/speed where recoil might seem worse, either due to actual foot pounds generated or recoil speed. I know that full house 140 grain loads seem, to me, to generate more recoil in my .357's than top end loads in any other weight, above or below that. Just wondering...

Mathew 22: 37-39