Originally Posted by 2sticks
This is probably in the wrong forum, but I figure more people will see it.
I have hand-me-down kitchen knives. I think I spend more time sharpening them than I do using them. I do know that my wife and son treat them like utility knives, but they do not seem to be very quality. Anyone have recommendations? I wish that Benchmade still made kitchen knives.
Thank you for any suggestions.

Yes. I have three Shun Classic kitchen knives. A chef's knife, a santoku, and a unique paring/utility knife with a deep sharpened radius to better peel fruit and vegetables. I don't believe they are making that knife anymore. They are made from stainless damascus with dark wood handles that are shaped to fit the hand well. I really like them.
They are not cheap, but they don't break the bank either. I would guess my three knives cost me about $300 and probably a little less. I bought them at a kitchen supply on line store that is no longer in business but see these folks have them at fairly reasonable prices, too. They make sharpeners but will also sharpen your knives for you if you send them in once a year. Shun makes higher grades of knives, too, but they are mostly just a little flashier in appearance, not usefulness.

https://www.cutleryandmore.com/shun.htm

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.