The problem is that you have to have the knowledge to sharpen them that sharp,the knowledge how to make that level of sharpness useful,and the ability to keep them that sharp. That is too much work and care for anyone who isn't cutting sushi into decoration.
Not knowledge, a steel. I have one, I use it a couple times a year to true up the edge. Looking tells you what the geometry of the edge is and you sharpen accordingly, but like I said in my post, you can also send them in once a year and they will sharpen them for you. I haven't, but that resource exists. As for maintenance, when I use mine I put it under hot water from the faucet then put on drop of dish soap on the middle of the blade and use my fingers to wipe the blade down in one direction from the back of the blade to, and off, the edge. Then I run it under the hot water again, wipe with a kitchen towel and done. Simple and effective and takes less than 2 minutes. I do all my cutting on a cutting board, mostly on a small one that came with my sink, but never on plates or other hard surface that could dull it. A quality knife is a beautiful tool that I use most every day. Mine are well balanced, easily kept sharp to cut without force, and fit in my hands like and extension of them. Going cheap is fine too, if none of that is appealing. We all have different inclinations and none of them are wrong, but might be less desirable for some. When I realized how much money I had in hunting knives I use a time or two a year, I decided to try a reasonably priced quality kitchen knife I use every day and found that was an excellent decision for me.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.