Originally Posted by rem shooter
I see the rank and file going against us Civillians .I dont know about now ,but when i was in the Army in early 80's .we had classes on Illegal orders . In these classes ...we were taught .....for the record.... We had an obligation to not fallow unlawful orders and lawfully could disobey them .....off the record .....We were told ,if we did disobey an unlawful order ,we had better be damn sure we are right ...AND further more ,even if we are right and everyone agrees to that .The military brass may still find something to discipline you with .Because the Higher brass do not like people especially enlisted members to question orders ,even unlawful orders .Even if they are right ,they are afraid other enlisted will start questioning every order given them ....dont know about today .but that what we was told by our Sargeants. I dont see this new generation question anything ,they are fallowers , most are under mental meds of some kind
Back at that time, we were still a functional Constitutional Republic. The military acknowledged this, and soldiers were taught that our primary duty is to preserve that as a nation.
My nephew joined the Marines about 10 years after my ETS.
Talking to him, I could clearly see that he hadn’t been taught as we were.
He thought orders were orders. Even if it involved collecting private arms from private citizens.
This was very troubling to me, because he was raised in the same family and taught by the same parents and teachers that I was.
Ben as my son, is a generation later. But you can bet your bottom dollar that I taught him to identify right from wrong, and to know that as a nation, we must rely on the Constitution for guidance.
Unfortunately, his attendance of college watered down much of what Carol and I taught him.
He’s got a very strong moral compass, but his views on politics are sorta clouded from what it should be.
Reon

Last edited by 7mmbuster; 02/05/24.

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden