I never knew most of the writers that sit in my father's library, and only now realize how many of them he did know through his job. One that always made me wonder however, is a book called "The shotgunner's book" by Colonel Charles Askins. I get him and his father( Major Charles Askins)? mixed up. What struck me as I look at it was the feeling I got when I first read it. I could not keep all his books so prioritiezed Dad's books as "signed" and " good reads"
Askins book was kept only because it has an inscription to Dad - otherwise it would have been tossed, because I did not really enjoy reading it!
To Mr. Ken Howell, did you ever meet a man from Quebec by the name of Bob Snowball? He was a good friend of Dad's and built quite a few wildcats with him, had a real dry sense of humour, also. I think there is a picture in one of the early handloader magazines in Harvey Donalson's columm with him and Mr. Donaldson ( another who was old enough to be my Grandpa!) Sure miss those grand old men....
Catnthehat

scopes are cool, but slings 'n' irons RULE!