Originally Posted by SavutiOneShot
Oh yeah. Those Swensons were pieces of jewelry. Absolutely amazing.
Last saw him around '95 in PHX.

Pete

Pete, maybe I should PM this, but there may be some others on the this thread that would get a kick out of this story.

I was with Roy shooting downstairs at the Bullethole (Hodgdon's indoor range at the time). Roy had just sent that High Power back to Swenson to have Armand put a long (6") barrel in it. When he got the pistol back, Armand had made some kind of a bushing (alla 1911-gun) to fit the barrel to the slide. One problem---Roy now had no idea how to dis-assemble the gun and Swenson hadn't sent any directions. I was with him when he called Swenson for directions. It was hilarious as Armand didn't remember how he had designed the bushing--it was a one-off project and it didn't dis-assembe like a 1911. Roy was concerned as he couldn't clean or lubricate the gun. If you knew Armand then you know that he called everybody "Laddy." At one point Swenson finally said to Roy, "just send the gun back to me, laddy, I'll clean it for you." If you knew Roy well, you knew his sense of humor and highly advanced manipulative skills, he had Swenson tied in a verbal knot. I was a priceless memory.

Thanks again for stirring up good times in my mind.
Greg

The blindness from subjectivity is indistinguishable from the darkness of ignorance.