Originally Posted by Gene L
Originally Posted by bangeye
I said what I did because I see that everyday there are anti gun folks and non-shooters that think of or portray gun owners as just a bunch of crazy dangerous lunatics. So as gun owners we have to fight this stereotype by putting up a PR fight to show that we are no different than sportsmen that like to fish , golf,etc. So when it turns out that a stone cold killer was able to rise to a level of celebrity and some seeming acceptance in the shooting fraternity as this guy did then I see it as a chance for them to go see I told you they were all just a bunch of cruel killers.

How does it promote gun ownership by ignoring the man's autobiography? And someone said to "shoot, shovel, and shut up" while Askins did only the first. He was vociferous in promoting his cold bloodedness, in fact.

To take up for the man in the face of overwhelming evidence that he was unrepentant is plain dumb. It's like asking the public to not believe their eyes.

Gene L, the post you quoted is anti Askins. Not pro

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first