Nice ram, Rick!

I might better delete my buck pic - we weren't on a mountain, just in the Texas Hill Country...and it wasn't much of a hill at that...

At least my Montana is a good mountain rifle, so maybe I'll leave it on that basis alone...grin.

I do regularly hunt some stuff that almost qualifies as mountains...

[Linked Image]

I even shot this piggie there, with a T3 lite 25-06 (almost a mountain rifle...grin), with a trigger a bit over 2lbs, and he was running like a...well, like a scared pig, I guess....grin.

[Linked Image]

He was quartering hard, going almost straight away from us at about 200 yards and going flat out - my dad was with me and we were sort of on the lookout for an eatin' size pig, so I didn't want to mess him up - I swung with him and touched it off about the tip of his nose and pretty well ear-holed him. Again, the nice trigger on the Tikka at a bit over 2 lbs made it easy to touch it off at the right time. It was fun to see my Dad sort of grin and go, "Huh, pretty fair shot!"

Not saying I wouldn't often blow that shot, but it was fun to make it that day, and I think a good, light, crisp trigger
helped.

Killed this old buck (again with the Kimber 7-08) on top near where the first photo was taken, but he was standing still. I was shaking enough for both of us....grin.

[Linked Image]

DJ