I surf this forum more than the others. I know this type of thread has been somewhat re-hashed many times. But with changing technology and advancements in the last two years or so, wanted to know if the thoughts on shelters has swayed one way or another.

Followed some of Dan's posts on tents recently. Read about the hammocks too.

I am finally moving to the Spokane general area. I sitll don't know where as I have two potential jobs still pending and one guaranteed in the Colville, WA area.

I intend to fully use the Nat'l Forests where I wind up and get out there and cover some ground. Be it solo, with dog, or the wife.

I have lurked at Kifaru for years. I have never used one of their shelters. They have many, many great reviews and Kifaru proud users. I also see many are getting cheaper tipis and installing stove jacks in them.

I am not at all bothered by a no floor design. Or at least I think I am not-never used one. And as tough as I would like to come off, I think I am very cold blooded-meaning I do not sweat while I eat at the buffet. And I don't think I will be shoveling the driveway in a T-Shirt. Certainly will take me a while to get acclimated as it's over 70 deg here in El Paso this am. I see NE Washington is 33 deg

I see many of the hardcore are moving towards tarps and that's it. Think I would like a bit more of a shelter than that. And even though the pack may be a bit heavier, I am all about training and getting in better shape.....by lugging a heavier pack(I think).

So can I, or we, get some thoughts on the better 1 or 2 man shelters for Western hunting/backpacking? I am aware that there differenced in 1 man and 2 man shelters. But I need to accomodate the above or be flexible enough to do it.

Are Kifarus ParaTipis with stoves THAT great?

Are they worth the $1000 for the combo?

Is the trade off for the extra 2-3 lbs of weight work out for the warm shelter/better sleep/piece of mind?

Please God, give me some good tags this year....