I only had the chance to use my SL3 3 times last year. Not really a fair trial, but.....

The first time I pitched it, it was up in the air pretty good, and my ass got cold. But it held up to winds that blew over many trees. Other two times was in the rain and [bleep]. Never leaked...

And... Around my part of the world, I'm pretty sure I'll never own another floored tent. Its nice to not worry about getting the floor dirty smile Oh, and the ground absorbs water, not turn your tent into a pool. Thats a good thing. Ground cloth under my BA insulated aircore on a sheet of Tyvek and in my antique Kelty 0 degree down bag and life didn't suck.

Now, once I get an SL4 and a stove. I was thinking I'd have stake loops added about 6" up from the edge. Should give a nice and low pitch, with a snow apron (or whatever you guys called it) and I won't worry about the lost footage, because my plan would ultimately be to turn an SL4 into an SL2w/RFSAS laugh

Sound good??

I gotta give props to Kifaru and Pat Smith. Awesome stuff... But I can't afford that [bleep] frown

I'm Irish...

Of course I know how to patch drywall